Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell intermittent issues

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received a replacement doorbell due to 1st doorbell working only very randomly/intermittently  . Replacement doorbell is no better !! Totally useless and expensive piece of equipment - also "eat's" batteries within a couple of days . Despite requesting address to return this rubbish piece of kit together with the 2xchimes for a refund Arlo now ignoring me . Really ,really rubbish product and terrible customer service . Will be posting "Beware of Arlo Audio Doorbell " reviews wherever I can  !

21 REPLIES 21
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Smarriott

Please review your case: 42495557 for the latest reply on 6/17/21 from the support team.

Thank you

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hilarious and meaningless response just designed to avoid admitting your product is useless and not give a refund . Beware everyone - you cannot contact Arlo Sales other than by email (no contact number available) and they will just ignore you if you ask for a return address for a refund ! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Smarriott wrote:
 you cannot contact Arlo Sales other than by email (no contact number available)

If you meant to say Arlo Support, then there are phone numbers listed for various countries if you use the support link at the top of the page.  You can also contact them by chat.   But I agree that reaching them is harder than it should be.

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
@StephenB (Guru) thanks and had plenty of contact with Arlo Support (when they can be bothered) but yes sales are totally invisible which may just be down to the fact they do not want to give refunds for useless , dysfunctional Audio Doorbell! Appalling customer service
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smarriott

It appears you were able to retrieve your refund. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS that is news to me ? Yes i received a refund for the Chimes i bought from John Lewis immediately but NO I have had not received a refund from Arlo for the Audio Doorbell or had any contact contact at all from arloshopsupport@exertis.co.uk despite emailing them (s as s you know you cannot call anyone about a refund because your rubbish customer service does not allow and wants to make receiving a refund for faulty useless products impossible ?! If Arlo have sent me a refund please confirm when , amount and to which card ??
Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear Arlo Community . I have just received the Byron BY611 Wirefree Plug In Doorchime and it is super simple to install , super good value and WORKS ! So don’t waste your money on a rubbish Arlo Audio Doorbell
Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Morning ShayneS . Nope despite 3 emails I have not had a single response from arloshopsupport@exertis.co.uk . Does arloshop support even exist or is it just a ruse to frustrate customers who are provided with useless and expensive non functioning equipment to prevent them from getting a refund ? An answer as to why they do not respond and why there is no contact number and why there is no return address for useless goods would be appreciated .

Thanks

Simon

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Smarriott wrote:

despite 3 emails I have not had a single response from arloshopsupport@exertis.co.uk .

That's good, because you are not contacting Arlo support.

Use the support link at the top (or bottom) of the forum page.

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure I understand that response StephenB ? 

Quite frankly I have had enough of dealing with the "we will get to you when it suits us and just ask you to perform more and more frustrating and inane resets/reconfigurations because admitting that our product is not fit for purpose is not in our DNA" Arlo Support folk  . Evidently they are less helpful than a Chocolate Teapot  !

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Smarriott wrote:

Not sure I understand that response StephenB ? 

AFAIK that email address isn't an Arlo support email.  Unless they are out-sourcing their support in the UK to exertis - which is possible I guess. 

Were you replying to an email that you received in response to submitting a ticket?  Or did you get this email address some other way?

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB I got the arloshopsupport@exertis.co.uk email from the part time numpties @ Arlo Support ? It is also on the original Arlo Order so yes it seems they are outsourcing to Exertis - which would make sense since they appear not to be bothered to help  !?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Smarriott

I have escalated your case and you should be contacted shortly regarding a refund.

Smarriott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you ShayneS .

Yes amazingly i got an email from the mysterious and previously absent people at Arloshopsupport today 🤔!!?? Let’s see how we get on from here .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smarriott

You are welcome, let me know if you have any further questions. 

Mstrsltr
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed!  

Companies this try to cut corners and think they can get away with it. But I’m gonna trash Arlo every opportunity I get. Everything with this company has been a frustrating waste of time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mstrsltr

Is there something I can assist you with? 

Lawrence598
Aspirant
Aspirant

I switched to channel 3 as requested it didn't make any difference to the crackly door chime or the intermittent stuck solid white ring.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Lawrence598

Can you please provide a little more detail regarding the issues you are experiencing with your device?

Peterson59
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Smarriott wrote:

Morning ShayneS . Nope despite 3 emails I have not had a single response from arloshopsupport@exertis.co.uk . Does arloshop support even exist or is it just a ruse to frustrate customers who are provided with useless and expensive non functioning equipment to prevent them from getting a refund ? An answer as to why they do not respond and why there is no contact number and why there is no return address for useless goods would be appreciated .

Thanks

Simon

I am also encountering this issue. Don't know why its happening??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Peterson59

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation