Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell LED Will Not Light

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
seriousfun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an original Arlo Audio Doorbell AAD1001. It has worked well in the past.

I have had my whole Arlo system (four cameras, two lights, and this doorbell and chime) offline for about six months. I reinstalled the base station, cameras, and lights with no problem.

When I insert new, tested AA batteries in the doorbell, the LED on front does not light up. I have tried multiple sets of AA batteries of different brands (FYI Kirkland batteries were a little loose, Duracells were tight). I have tried to reset the doorbell, with no results, holding the sync button down for 10 seconds, 20 seconds, or one minute.

Support Chat was of no help, and I don't have or need a subscription (who needs a subscription for a doorbell, anyway? I suppose I could join for $2.99, get support -they'll probably tell me it's broken and that I should buy a new one, at which point I'll buy a Ring- and then quit).

Please let me know if you have had any experience with a doorbell just not lighting up.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the condition of the contacts inside the doorbell. They should be bright and shiny. If not, some careful scrubbing with a wire brush or even scraping with a small screwdriver may help. Otherwise, it appears that the doorbell is dead. If within the 1 year warranty period you need to use official support to get a replacement.

seriousfun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I cleaned the battery contacts with D5 contact cleaner.

This is an original Arlo Audio Doorbell, a few years old. I can't even talk to support about this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can temporarily subscribe for support and then cancel when done. However, the warranty is done so I'm not sure what they can do to help. Worth a try...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation