Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell Is Not Recording Visitor Message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Roxie1
Follower
Follower

When a visitor leaves a message I receive a notification on my iPhone but there isn't a recording in my Arlo library.  I have the Arlo cameras.  What should I do to fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Stan4791
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received my doorbell today and I am having the same problem as well. It prompts the visitor to press the button again to leave a message and when doing so sends my phone a notification stating i have received a message. However, when i try to check my library for the message there is nothing there.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

What Device/Model/OS are you using? What version of the Arlo mobile App are you using & What is the current firmware version your doorbell & base station is running?

Stan4791
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android Version 8.0.0

Latest app version 2.7.1_23406

Doorbell firmware 1.2.0.0_275_250

Pro 2 Camera firmware 1.125.11.4_29092

Several hours after leaving the doorbell messages they have appearded in my library. I haven't tested the system again to see if it works correctly now however.

I addition to this problem, the camera that I have linked to my doorbell does not stream or capture video correctly. When the video pops up, it only has about 10% of the view at the top of the screen, with the remaining area being just grey. This issue carries across when viewing the library footage. I have tried unpairing the camera and pairing different cameras, but that all have the same issue. They cameras do not have this problem when used independantly of the doorbell.

Furthermore, about 1 in every 5 times I tried to use the doorbell it crashed the Arlo app. I have had to reopen it and sign in again each time this happens...

For the price of this system, this is just not good enough.

Tesheridan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue, any solutions?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tesheridan

There a few mentions of different issues in this thread. May I ask what you are experiencing with your Doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation