Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Door Bell - AAD1001 - Wired Contacts Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dbacc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wanted to install my doorbell using the wired solution. When connected to the home, the LED ring on the outside never lit up. Also, I when connected the battery backplate the doorbell would not ring. That is until you lightly slide it up out of the back plate. So I know it's getting power because when the bell is slightly askew in the backplate housing, the bell will ring. Not happy with this product. I got the Arlo HD Camera plus Audio Doorbell kit as a gift but I have no idea what to do with the doorbell. Can I return this bell or get a refund? The Camera and Basestation work fine.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dbacc

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

dbacc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke to customer service. They were very helpful! Had a great experience with the representative. But I did try to reinstall as per directed by making sure the wires were not tightly screwed into the batter backplate and it still isn't working. Not sure what are the next steps.

schumaku
Master
Master

The Arlo Audio Doorbell is always powered by the batteries - there nothing like a "wired solution" Can't see on how the installation of the two wires (screwed on the base, outside) used just as a contact for the existing chime system can interfere with the internal battery power.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation