Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo AVD1001B-100NAS doorbell camera power kit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Double_T2
Follower
Follower

I'm looking for actual instructions to install power kit w/o needing your phone.  I have a flip phone, and I can't get anything to work on my laptop until the doorbell is installed.  And my electrician needs to know what terminals in the chime box to connect the power kit to.  The terminals in the chime box are front, trans and rear.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Double_T2 wrote:

I'm looking for actual instructions to install power kit w/o needing your phone.

I don't believe you can onboard your doorbell into your account without a smartphone or tablet.  It's possible that the electrician would be willing to do that for you - installing the Arlo app on their phone, and logging in as you.  If you go that router, of course change the password afterwards.

@Double_T2 wrote:

And my electrician needs to know what terminals in the chime box to connect the power kit to.  The terminals in the chime box are front, trans and rear.  

The power kit would go between front and trans if you are installing the front doorbell - and between rear and trans if you are installing the rear doorbell.  The transformer should be at least 16 volts and 10 VA.

There is a switch on the power kit (labeled X and O).  It should be set to O.  

The X mode is the bypass mode described here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062315/How-do-I-enable-Bypass-Mode-on-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wired

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation