Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My batteries dies about every 3 days

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been trying to find chat for an hour now, and am in a loop.  I then decided to email, but got "An error occurred while processing your request."  I tried changing my password, but still got the same reponse.  My batteries dies about every 3 days (I've had the sytem for less than a month). 

Can anyone help me get in touch with these guys?  I've read threads, and this seems to be an ONGOING PROBLEM.  I hope Netgear gets a clue and corrects it!  (yes, I'm VERY frustrated).

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Tell is more about your issue. One camera or multiple? What system? What are the various indicators showing? What have you tried? The connection between the camera and base - weak signal or interference may cause issues.

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.
LFetherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Pro with 4 cameras that I bought new 10 days ago and one battery goes dead quick within 3 days.

x-man
Luminary
Luminary

How far is this camera from the base station? How many bars does the Arlo App display for this camera? According to my experience, the system draws more power when the reception to the base station is poor.

LFetherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! I would guess this camera is about 20 feet from the
base, and yes the signal is reduced, but I can move the base station closer to the cameras a few feet
which may help and I may purchase a suction (window) mount and relocate the
camera instead of on the wall above the front door to a window just a few
feet to the side closer to the base.