Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library in SmartHub VMB5000

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KamBCUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are recording locally to the SmartHub, and the app on iPhone gives access to the local recordings, in the library but I cannot get access to the local recordings by signing in on the the computer through the Web Portal.  The SmartHub is there, and the settings are correct to record locally, but the library is shown there as being empty.  What am I missing to set up the web portal to show the local recordings?

THanks!

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Direct access to the backup storage is only via the arlo mobile app, not a feature of the arlo website login.

KamBCUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

This is strange.  There would seem to be no apparent reason why this should be so.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

As a guess, having access to your local backup recordings from a web browser places an additional risk from hackers.

And the lack of sharing access for friends using the app is likely the same.

I have read that the backup recordings access was meant for users in regions which didn’t have arlo cloud services.

Arlo encouragement to use the cloud storage service is tainted with the subscription plan requirements unfortunately. You would think that arlo would grace you with 24hr storage capacity as a basic feature.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KamBCUser wrote:

This is strange.  There would seem to be no apparent reason why this should be so.

IMO this is one of several limitations that are intended to get people to subscribe.