Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thetaborn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent wife invite link. She created Arlo account as required. Clicked on link in her email. Logged in with her account info. There are no available devices and no visible connections to our system. It is just an empty account asking her to setup new devices.

This was done on the laptop. Have now tried via laptop & phone. Tried deleting and reinviting. She goes through the invite link-- nothing there after login. I confirmed She is granted rights for all devices in my account. There is nothing else in or through the invite email to try. 

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thetaborn wrote: There's no option to change versions.

Actually there is - it's just not obvious.

The trick is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't have one, that process can't be completed.  But the workflow will migrate you to "Feed" before you have to end it.

If you do migrate to Feed, you will find that there is no way to migrate back to Library. Some drawbacks with "Feed" that you should know about:

• There are no custom modes in it.  Instead there are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Armed Standby).  You can edit these as desired, but you cannot create new modes
  • Users have struggling with both scheduling and geofencing
  • How Automations are supposed to work isn't written down anywhere, and users are struggling to get them to work consistently

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does your arlo app look the same as her app?

Arlo has split the app into two UI versions that are not compatible to each other, the original app UI has a library the newer version has feed. 

Thetaborn
Aspirant
Aspirant

They don't look the same. Mine had a library, the one she just downloaded has a feed. But I tried deleting mine off the device, redownloaded, and it still shows the old library format. I confirmed both versions (4.10.5_28616) are the same, but look different. There's no option to change versions.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thetaborn wrote: There's no option to change versions.

Actually there is - it's just not obvious.

The trick is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  Since you don't have one, that process can't be completed.  But the workflow will migrate you to "Feed" before you have to end it.

If you do migrate to Feed, you will find that there is no way to migrate back to Library. Some drawbacks with "Feed" that you should know about:

• There are no custom modes in it.  Instead there are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Armed Standby).  You can edit these as desired, but you cannot create new modes
  • Users have struggling with both scheduling and geofencing
  • How Automations are supposed to work isn't written down anywhere, and users are struggling to get them to work consistently
Thetaborn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for spending the time to reply. I will try that. 

Update: that worked! Thank you StephenB & Dannybearagain