Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Shom15
Follower
Follower
Hi- any quick fixes to a camera keep going offline? Heard this is a common issue
20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Which camera? What's happening? What LEDs do you see and what colors? What have you tried?
Paurose
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the first 24 hrs of owning my Arlo pro it worked flawlessly now I cannot access live camera images it says offline. When I turn the base off then on it appears to be working then within a few minutes goes offline again any ideas on how to fix this problem?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Could be the WiFi connection between the base and cameras. What are the LEDs on the base showing? What are the WiFi strengths? Are all cameras doing this?
Shasha
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo does the same thing says it's offline then when I go to check it , it starts taking pictures of my hand. Could it be that because there's no movement it just says it's offline ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, offline is an error message that implies an issue.  However, "offline" but working is a different issue.  You can try power cycling the base and open and close the battery door.  If that still fails, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.  Failing that, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Shasha
Tutor
Tutor
Do you mean pushing the sync.botton on top ? I'm also wondering if I have to do anything special to setup​ or just carry in my pocket turned on take out and set it where I want to record ? Do you have to do anything else?
Shasha
Tutor
Tutor
Can someone please help me my arlo won't stay recording when it gets cold also there is a message on the screen that says camera is not working but I read to point it at a wall until it stays on but now it says not working. I'm going to open battery cover see if it will restart .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Shasha wrote:
Do you mean pushing the sync.botton on top ? I'm also wondering if I have to do anything special to setup​ or just carry in my pocket turned on take out and set it where I want to record ? Do you have to do anything else?

Resync means briefly press the base sync button and then press the sync button on the camera, just as you did to set the system up in the first place.

If you want to carry the camera around I'd suggest using the On/Off toggle in Settings, My Devices, your camera to avoid accidental recordings while carrying/handling the camera.  Off before touching it, on when you actually have it in place and want it to be ready for action.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Shasha wrote:
Can someone please help me my arlo won't stay recording when it gets cold also there is a message on the screen that says camera is not working but I read to point it at a wall until it stays on but now it says not working. I'm going to open battery cover see if it will restart .

Pro or original camera?  The Pro will give you a message at ~-4F that it's too cold. Otherwise, cold really shouldn't have much effect on operation of either camera.  Battery level could be an issue, though, if nearly dead.

Clindy3
Tutor
Tutor
Had my cameras for about a week. System came with 3 cameras. 2 work fine but the 3rd keeps going offline? Any fixes or is the camera bad. I have changed the batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled the camera. It worked for about a day and now does the same thing.
Paurose
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi clindy3 my cameras go on and off line on a regular basis and I have not completely why. My assumption is that it is an Internet problem with the upload and download speed's for me. Have you checked your Internet speed ?
Clindy3
Tutor
Tutor
I don't think it has anything to do with my internet speed. I only have trouble with 1 camera and it is the same camera every time. The other 2 work just fine
Paurose
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did read somewhere that someone else had a bad battery and had to have the battery replaced Maybe that's the issue
Clindy3
Tutor
Tutor
I put in 4 brand new batteries yesterday
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Otherwise, open a case with support.

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
It's the app last update ruined it mine goes off line all time freezes so anoyoying if I log out then log in its fine . SORT THE APP OUT 😠😠😠😇
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
My Android app works fine and always has. Perhaps it's something to do with your phone or perhaps the specific server you're using.
DukeVo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras for a little more than one week and one is keeping off line twice.  The base is on and other 5 cameras were working perfectly.  Reset battery - won't work.  I have to removed and re-sync the camera again.

I bought this system is to secure my house and don't expect this kin of problem when I am away from home.

Paurose
Aspirant
Aspirant

hey dukevo,

I have four cameras and had the same frustration. I tried numerous things to correct the problem. I had noticed that when I unplugged the base unit and then plugged it back in it would put all cameras back on line. My system runs perfectly now as I have put the base unit on a timer which turns it off briefly in the night and then back on again. Not sure if this could help correct your issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While that's working, it also points out a problem that really should be corrected before it simply fails.  Open a case with support for a possible RMA.