Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station and camera are not recognized. Tried re-adding.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GrinchTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the app update, we’ve had nothing but problems. The system worked flawlessly prior to that.
My base station and cameras are no longer recognized. I unloaded the app, re-installed, took all the cameras off and attempted to re-add them and that’s where I have problems. The app doesn’t recognize the base station nor cameras. It just spins “searching for device” endlessly. Any ideas? I’m so frustrated.

9 REPLIES 9
LinJ53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had similar issues. I installed and removed and reinstalled the app and each camera. Sometimes the cameras would work, sometimes not. The time it takes for one of them to show the space they are mounted in is unreal. I have been paying for the advanced service (I think it is called Arlo Smart) for over a year and it has been an utter waste of money. Two of the camera only seemed to record action once in a while. We swapped them out with others and the same thing happened. Yes, I tweaked all settings and even had them on the most sensitive settings. I also own Canary and Piper and those cameras would detect movement and record long before Arlo would. I finally dropped the expensive package I had because when you cameras are good for nothing more than occasionally looking in on animals, it isn't worth having them. I paid a lot for my entire system and am upset that it is pretty much less useless than a baby monitor.

GrinchTX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok! All cameras back up and running. Try a factory reset (followed video instructions).
LinJ53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope it works for you long term. I did that several times thinking eventually it would help. It seemed okay for a week or so and then back to the same old problems. Regardless, it takes way too long for the camera to show live feed even on a business high speed network.

Fredeblako
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have a link for the video? Have the same problem wit finding base station its just spins arround serching for device
GrinchTX
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t find any videos about this but used this Arlo article: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

It goes through how to do a factory reset of the base station, and also indicated why it was necessary (internet light on the base station was green but was unable to detect the cameras).
Fredeblako
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay thank you but I still run in to the same problem 😞
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Fredeblako,

What LED lights are showing when trying to add your Base Station? Try referring to this article if you're having problems discovering your Base Station: Arlo can't discover my SmartHub or base station during installation; what do I do?

GrinchTX
Aspirant
Aspirant
This did NOT work long term and the REALLY upsetting thing is we are out of town. “Base Station is offline” on all cams now.
$500 for garbage. Absolute garbage! So mad right now.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey GrinchTX,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.