Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question about VMB5000, and Ultra and Arlo HD

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello Community

I have a SmartHub (5000) and three Ultras, but I've reconnected my old Arlo HD that I used a year ago with the same account (and years before, before I 'upgraded' to Ultra). However, my to my surprise and also disappointment, the HD doesn't seem to be uploading anything to the cloud. I thought the 7 day storage still applied.

Now I'm just getting a message 'There was an issue loading feed events. Try again' in the Feed but nothing is happening after I do that. The HD, on the other hand, recorded to my local storage, which, obviously, it had never done before. And also, I had uploaded to the cloud before I was forced to use this new experience with Feed. 

Any clues/ideas?

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi, and thank you.

No, I think either removing the camera and re-adding it, or resetting it has helped, though if you have a mix of a few of Arlo HD, Ultra etc., this isn't ideal: I can't imagine an elderly person having to climb up the ladder to do that. 

The HD one now records to local storage and the cloud, though only occasionally, as it's used to see what the cats are up to (mainly asleep).

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your quick response as well as your feedback. I am happy to hear that the behavior you were seeing is resolved. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation