Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Due to the elimination of email alerts, I am trying to grant access to a secondary email without new arlo subscriptions that I can use to look at arlo cameras and alerts on my computer without having to touch my phone, and being annoyingly logged out of my phone.

I do not see any of the shared cameras?  How can I see them?

The entire point is that I want to see my cameras on the web browser, not be logged out of my phone, and be able to look it at work without it being obvious I am doing something not work related.  (https://kb.arlo.com/000062761/I-am-unable-to-Grant-Access-to-my-friend-s-Arlo-account-how-do-I-troub...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

The primary account has a horizontal menu bar is showing Devices, Library, Mode, Settings, and Log Out on the top menu.

The secondary account has a vertical menu bar showing Dashboard, Feed, Emergency, Devices, Routines, and Settings.

Sounds like you are checking in the web browser (as the app would be horizontal for both interfaces).

In order to get this to work, you need to migrate the primary account to "Feed".  You do that by going into "add device" and then adding a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail, because you don't own one.  But the workflow will migrate you to Feed anyway.

There are some challenges with "Feed".  One big limitation is that there are no custom modes.  Also, people here have struggles with scheduling and geofencing.  If you do migrate to "Feed" you will be unable to migrate back

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

None of the devices I granted access to are showing up.

Are the invites showing up as "accepted" in the primary account?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

Due to the elimination of email alerts, I am trying to grant access to a secondary email without new arlo subscriptions that I can use to look at arlo cameras and alerts on my computer without having to touch my phone, and being annoyingly logged out of my phone.

I do not see any of the shared cameras?  How can I see them?

Is the primary account showing you "Feed" or "Library"?

Likely the new account is showing "Feed".

The accounts need to match (either both showing "Feed" or both showing "Library").  

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

The primary account has a horizontal menu bar is showing Devices, Library, Mode, Settings, and Log Out on the top menu.

The secondary account has a vertical menu bar showing Dashboard, Feed, Emergency, Devices, Routines, and Settings.  None of the devices I granted access to are showing up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

The secondary account has a vertical menu bar showing Dashboard, Feed, Emergency, Devices, Routines, and Settings.

Sounds like you are checking in the web browser (as the app would be horizontal for both interfaces).

In order to get this to work, you need to migrate the primary account to "Feed".  You do that by going into "add device" and then adding a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail, because you don't own one.  But the workflow will migrate you to Feed anyway.

There are some challenges with "Feed".  One big limitation is that there are no custom modes.  Also, people here have struggles with scheduling and geofencing.  If you do migrate to "Feed" you will be unable to migrate back

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

None of the devices I granted access to are showing up.

Are the invites showing up as "accepted" in the primary account?

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

That worked for grant access, but it got rid of all of my modes and customizations.  I had all of the cameras on a schedule, and the ability for activity on one camera to turn on another camera and/or record for a fixed period of time.  Are all of these end of life too?

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are the custom modes gone now?

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, this helped.  It would be nice if Arlo did not blow out all of my settings with the upgrade, but it was necessary to do because of how annoying being logged out of the phone all the time is.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

Are the custom modes gone now?

As I said above:

There are some challenges with "Feed".  One big limitation is that there are no custom modes

TUKhS5Ays4Ez
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, I see that now.  The loss of modes isn't great.  I also miss setting motion sensitivity with a number.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TUKhS5Ays4Ez wrote:

I also miss setting motion sensitivity with a number.

You can still do that.  The modes can be edited, and there is a default mode setting that includes motion sensitivity.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation