Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I put 1 camera on standby? Essential Wireless Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I changed over my system to the new and improved Arlo Secure that changed the whole look of the website.

It put me and my camera system into a tailspin.

I can't figure out how to do anything that was formerly easy.

Today I wanted to bring a single camera in the house to charge it. Formerly you could go to the mode screen and disable cameras individually.

Now I have no idea how to do it.

I tried putting the whole system on standby...even that didn't work.

The whole Arlo experience is giving me a headache..... 

I only updated because I thought I may want to add solar charging one day, and read that some of the problems they were having may have been related to an update to the system that hadn't been successfully installed.

Now I wish I wouldn't have ever done the update...and just kept things like they were.

It's overwhelming, the feeling of helplessness at not being able to use a website that you're paying for, because there are no clear cut instructions... everyone is fumbling around in the dark.

It's frustrating.

How would a brand new user be able to set up an Arlo camera system with it like it is now?

I've had mine about 6 months, was comfortable with it and able to use it to it's fullest capacity.  

Now, I can't do diddly squat!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To put a camera on Standby...

go to  SETTINGS/ HOME ( or location ) / DEVICES ( all your cameras will show )

Edit camera ( > symbol on web ) / Toggle camera On or Off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or click on the camera in Devices (NOT the live view button) and then the gear to access settings.