Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kevinintx
Star
Star

I just connected a USB drive to my VMB4000 and it is recording.

Is there a way to view those recordings from my Desktop or Phone App without having to eject the drive and move it to the desktop and view from there?

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You need to upgrade to a newer Base station to have app access to the storage device.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor... 

AshTray900
Luminary
Luminary

It’s sad this wasn’t included with the base station, I have the same one. It’s like ok add two usb ports to them (2?) just for historical records?

plex can host full HD movies over the wan anywhere, why this base station never got an update to allow you to view video clips that are the size of floppy disks I have no clue.

I have been paying for cloud service for a few years now, it’s not like getting the video to play is instantaneous that way either.

sad part is their online service was quite good, adding features and good advertising could have grabbed so more people, I mean 9 dollars a month is the cost of a Big Mac meal at McDonald’s once.

being crappy and saying you have to was a moronic move.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It is pointless to spend any more money on upgrades since the EOL advertisement.

It is obviously a way to remove the disparity perception between the 7days free cloud customers and the subscription paying customers to remove the roadblocks to increasing revenue.

When you see a move such a EOL within 3months, it smells of a death roll. 

Kevinintx
Star
Star

I agree on spending more to upgrade.  I had hoped this would be a stop gap but I do not plan on giving Arlo any more money.  My doorbell monthly subscription is set to renew later this month and I will be cancelling it.