Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot sync camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Imogra
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I’m looking for help to sync one of my Arlo cameras to the base station. Have tried multiple times and I know the battery has charged, and I have factory reset the camera. Never had this problem before… Any ideas? As a sidenote, I’m really not impressed that I can only post in a community board to find some help, Even email support from Arlo has gone if I’m not a subscriber. I would not recommend the product to anyone anymore.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Email support has been gone for a long time. The only way to get emails now is to have a subscription, open a case and respond to any emails sent to you. The only way to "reset" these cameras is to reinsert the battery, regardless of the FAQ saying to hold the sync button. This will at least return the camera to a known state but not actually reset it. The proper way to reset is to remove the camera from your account and add it back as if new. Of course, it may simply be that the camera has a fault and nothing is going to work. A reboot of the base may or may not help.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:
The only way to "reset" these cameras is to reinsert the battery

@Imogra@jguerdat is assuming you have Pro 2 cameras (since you posted in the Pro 2 area of the forum).  Newer cameras (Ultra, Pro 3, etc) do have a reset procedure.  But not the Pro or Pro 2.   

Imogra
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I did the thing of holding the synch button for 15 seconds until the light flashed Amber… But maybe that does not reset my particular camera. It does say it is a pro 2 inside the battery case part.
Imogra
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, Do you mean remove the device, and add it again by clicking ‘add new’? If so, I have done that many times with other cameras, but usually because they are not recording any more. This is a problem of me not being able to synch it at all.
Imogra
Tutor
Tutor
I have also made sure it is charged, and have also tried removing the battery and re-inserting several times. Maybe it does have a fault?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Imogra wrote:
Hi, Do you mean remove the device, and add it again by clicking ‘add new’? If so, I have done that many times with other cameras, but usually because they are not recording any more. This is a problem of me not being able to synch it at all.

Yup, that's what I meant. One important thing to know about for syncing is to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Holding it too long can cause the base to go into some sort of diagnostic operation which we can't access.

You also don't need to use the app to do this - just briefly press the base sync button and then the camera button. If that isn't working, it's likely due to the camera being faulty.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation