Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo EOL Policy

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
arlosp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am still trying to understand how Arlo's Revised EOL Policy applies to my cameras.  I have three Pro 2 and two Pro cameras.  I live in the UK.

Am I right in saying that after 1 April 2023 all my cameras will continue to receive the same rolling 7-day free cloud storage as they do currently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlosp,

Correct. UK is not affected by the EoL policy today.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would be my understanding but the EU may cause things to be different. Make sure you are reading info that pertains to the EU.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Make sure you are reading info that pertains to the EU.

@arlosp is pointing out the blanket statement in the FAQ

Does the End of Life Policy apply to all regions?
The Arlo End of Life Policy applies to all regions except the EU and UK.

@JamesC :  That really needs to be clarified, as it makes it impossible for folks in the EU and UK to know with certainty what (if anything) will change for them when the cameras reach the EOL date for the rest of the world.  That includes knowing whether the 7-day storage will still be available in the EU and the UK (or not).

arlosp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you, that is exactly the dilemma I, and presumably many other non USA users, are in.

So how can it be clarified?  Can anyone on the community team ask the question please?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlosp wrote:

Can anyone on the community team ask the question please?

That's why I tagged the forum administrator in my reply.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Today, the content of the EoL policy document you're referencing only applies to non-european union services and products. The dates and information referenced in this document will not impact your products or services if you're in EU/UK.

JamesC

arlo23user
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm wondering similarly but for the USA... I read reply that UK/EU won't be affected but when I used chat to get help for my device it says my product will be unusable... couldn't get live agent to help either since I have an older product I guess (EOL end of life). This is disappointing because I enjoyed Arlo but not I'm forced to purchase a newer model, not by choice... when it works just fine, without the bugs Arlo may add... why is it being discontinued here in USA? ... this will encourage me to go with a different brand for new purchase. 

arlosp
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC,

Your reply has come as a BIG surprise to me. 

I'd thought all along, since I first became aware of the PDF document  "ARLO END-OF-LIFE Policy Effective: January 1 2023; Revised: February 10 2023", that it was for all Arlo camera users. 

The qualification following the EOL Document Heading says "Applies To Non-European Union Products And Services" and implies that only the European Union member countries are excluded from the EOL Policy.  But the UK is NOT an EU member.

So just to be clear you are saying that actually the UK IS included in the above exclusion and therefore is NOT affected by this EOL Policy?  I'd appreciate your confirmation of this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlosp,

Correct. UK is not affected by the EoL policy today.

JamesC

arlosp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation