Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Hymio
Tutor
Tutor

I'm receiving alerts on my phone that motion has been detected but it won't show video when I open the app and check the feed. 

I have followed the troubleshoot advice multiple times. Logging out and then logging back into the app seemed to work as the camera started recording motion detection. It then reverted back to not recording. Restarting the camera seemed to work the second time but again, I wake up this morning to motion alerts but no recordings. Why does this keep happening?

I want a fix without having to restart my camera every day.

Also, even though I'm a paying customer it says I'm not entitled to support and that I should subscribe? I'm already subscribed and paying a monthly bill.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hymio,

Restarting the camera or logging in/out of the app shouldn't be necessary to receive recordings.

Which mode are you using to Arm the camera? Have you check the rules within that mode to make sure a rule is set to record when motion is detected?

JamesC

Hymio
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did all that. I ended up getting a new router because my router had reached its end of life. This has seemingly fixed the issue I was having. 

Hymio
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke too soon. The issue has returned. This is after re-pairing and getting a new router. Surely I'm not the only one having this issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hymio,

If you live stream and manually record. Do you receive those recordings in the feed?

JamesC

Markwboyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issues. I'm based in NZ. It seems I don't have the latest recommended firmware either.

I have set up arming rules, made and then deleted zones but nothing works. On rare occasions it might change to detecting a person and record but not very often.