Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Doorbell won't display camera on Echo Show devices

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
meggle
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have an Echo Show 5 and an Echo Show 8. We recently installed an Arlo Wired Doorbell and it works great - except the live camera view will not display on the Echo Show devices. It did for the first couple of hours that it was hooked up... and then it stopped. Every time we try to display the camera it times out and tells us the camera isn't responding. However, it pulls up with no problem via the Arlo app, or even the Alexa app. It's just on the Echo Show devices that the camera will not display. Notifications push to the Echo Show devices properly, and the doorbell shows on them as part of our Smart Home setup. It appears to be a communication problem between Alexa/Echo Show and the camera specifically. As this feature was a huge part of why we bought the Shows, we'd really like this to work.

16 REPLIES 16
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @meggle 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

meggle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you verified the latest firmware is on these Echo devices? 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Thanks 

meggle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding; notifications about replies were going to a weird folder. I have:
*disabled the skill and re-enabled it via the Alexa app (twice)

*verified that it's not a wifi issue

*verified that the camera is accessible via the Alexa app and the Arlo app
*rebooted both Echo Show devices

When I say, "Alexa, show doorbell" it says okay and then a screen pops up that says Waiting for Arlo. After about 30 seconds, Alexa tells me, "Hmm, the camera isn't responding." I check another source for the camera (Alexa app or Arlo app) and it's always working just fine. It just won't pull up on the Echo Show. Thanks for any input you can provide. ETA: yes, both devices have the latest firmware.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the details. I will look in to this and report back as soon as possible. 

LuigiDiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've exactly the same behaviour with the same hardware

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LuigiDiP 

Are your Pro 3 cameras working with the Echo show? 

LuigiDiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, 4 cameras and all works fine

LuigiDiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

News? Still doesn't work

jmikep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Wired Doorbell (Model AVD1001-100NAS) and it has worked well enough on its own, but the live camera view will not display on the Echo Show 5 I just bought for the specific purpose of showing the Arlo camera. It has never worked as promised by Arlo. Every time I ask the Echo show to "Show me the doorbell," the voice reports "OK" and displays "Waiting for Arlo" but after a half minute or so, the voice reports "Hmm, the camera isn't responding."

It does, however, show on both the Arlo app and on the Alexa app. It is only the Echo Show devices that will not display the camera.

I already have invested some time in the following troubleshooting:

-- disabled/re-enabled via the Alexa app several times
-- confirmed that it is not a WiFi issue
-- confirmed the camera is accessible via the Alexa app and the Arlo app
-- rebooted the Echo Show 5 several times

So . . . what is going on and must I do to get things working as promised.

meggle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this yet, or if anyone from Arlo has any advice. This issue persists on both Echo Show devices and it's a real bummer because it's 90% of the reason we bought them.

ETA: I would have bought a different brand of doorbell if I had known this video feed would not work with Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@meggle 

Thanks for checking in, I am still investigating the issue and I will report back as soon as I have more info to share.

LuigiDiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, the solution Is quite Easy. I don't understand why the assistance service and the manual doesn't explain that.

It's not possible to receive the call on 2 devices. If you switch to silent mode you'll be able to use Echo Show. If you're not in silent mode, you'll receive the call on your mobile. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LuigiDiP 

Did you happen to receive the email from the support team regarding this concern? 

stewarth8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same problem and have tried everything previous posters did. Maybe it's time to go back to Ring doorbell which worked fine for this purpose?

LuigiDiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

As you can read in the previous post I've solved