Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
walpoletim
Initiate
Initiate

We have had our Video Doorbell linked to Google Home for a long time.

2 days ago notifications on google home stopped working - They still come through to the iOS app.

I have unlinked and linked, but still no notifications.

Silent mode is NOT enabled and the Doorbell is Armed.

Have any other users experienced this and do you have a fix as we no longer can hear our doorbell!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the missing or lack of notifications with Google devices. This should now be resolved with no further action needed on your part. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Shayne 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks again for your patience with me while I locate more info pertaining this. It looks like the team is trying to push for a target date no later than April 18th. There are 3rd party approvals that need to take place, so the team is pending this. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The current target date for this update is around the second week of April. Thank you for your patience, I will provide more info as we get closer to release. 

107 REPLIES 107
Supacoachuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only thing that will sort this is to hit them with a legal complaint.  In the UK trading standards and advertising watchdogs are the way to go for items not fit for purpose and not as advertised..

Also consumer TV complaints 

drive88mph
Tutor
Tutor

April 18th and still no update on the playstore. Unbelievable!! 

You guys are a joke! Get better developers, can't understand why is taking 2 months to fix something an unknown company from other unbranded devices I own can fix in 1 day. 

MichelSeb
Tutor
Tutor

Shouldn’t this have been fixed by April 18th as announced earlier this month? 😞

JamesS1985
Guide
Guide

I raised a case with Arlo on this when I first noticed the issue and have received sporadic updates (none helpful) on this. 

Today I received the following;

"We understand how important it is for you to feel secure, and I want to assure you that our engineering team is working to resolve the issue you are experiencing as a matter of the highest priority. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe for providing the fix, but I will not hesitate to let you know when there is positive feedback from our engineers."

This goes against what @ShayneS has informed us on this board and offers me no reassurance that it is even being addressed. I can only assume that the Arlo team are just hoping this magically disappears for them.

I've demanded a refund immediately as their action/inaction has led to the invalidation of their product. 

bartjuh999
Tutor
Tutor

Its the 19th and still nothing!!!  have three systems with 15 cameras and a doorbell. So was a happy customer with arlo from day 1 but this customer service is ridicolous. Gonna order a google doorbell and never buy antything from arlo again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This release has been slightly delayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will provide another update once the release is available.

OliverHTX
Initiate
Initiate

While I appreciate the update, that’s not very reassuring. I get that there are multiple players here, but integration with third-party products (including Google Home) was a big selling point for me and, I’m sure, most people here. How are you guys going to make this right? 

Supacoachuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo recognise its rubbish so they have reduced the price of the silent doorbell to less than £100.  Buy one today!  Your’ll never get bothered by a cold caller or the in laws again!!  surely a unique but understated selling point. 

bartjuh999
Tutor
Tutor

Hahaha it sure is silent alright, update postponed again… update coming soon…again for over 2 months now.. what a joke. 100 off they should be giving them away for free…a doorbell that isn’t ringing…lmao..

jhundr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the doorbell.

Not working with google home but working with alexa.

not sure if this is same issue with this thread. But pretty annoying that video is not showing to google home.

Probably why the arlo products are currently on sale here in AUCKLAND, NZ..

Stekstrom
Guide
Guide

The video will never pop up on Google home. Unless you ask for it. 

Google devices with screens can only view the camera if you open it manually.

This thread is about Google speakers not notifying the people at home the doorbell has been pressed. It worked fine until 2 months ago.

But arlo somehow hasn't hired anyone to fix the problem yet. Yeah so sorry for your purchase. Maybe get a refund if you still can.

MianAhmad
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo Team,

any update on below?

Bought Arlo to replace google door bell, but not getting any notifications on google home.

Without notification no use. 

drive88mph
Tutor
Tutor

For sure they need to hire competent developers. I wouldn't be surprised if they get them from fiverr

drive88mph
Tutor
Tutor

Just a reminder that this joke of a company hasn't deliver any updates and the update deadline was on the 18th. It's 21 today. It's not like we're waiting on a gaming device or something that is not important to our homes, because IT IS IMPORTANT but they don't care about their customers.

EDIT: starting tomorrow I'll be updating and giving my negative review on this product on all online stores and forums and I advice all other users here to do the same. We need to warn potential buyers that this company has awful customer support and they don't deliver what they promise.

niclnicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last update 18 April was mentioned, any news? How do you make the update?

MianAhmad
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo Team

Update / acknowledgment from Arlo will be assuring to know where we are and how long to wait, delays happens but communication is key to any development- progress.

i hope you will share update soon to keep all informed.

niclnicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe an update about when to expect it. How long is "slightly"?

GMcGibbon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this exact issue as well, and now I'm missing packages etc. Saw a firmware / software fix promised for "No later than 18 April." Assuming this still hasn't landed? Or do I need to do something with my setup? Can we get an update from Arlo please? Best regards, Gary. 

Festernike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, my Arlo video doorbell is linked to google home and I used my Sonos speaker to play the alerts, suddenly alerts were no longer played when doorbell is pushed. Tried to unlink/link again several times without success.

tezzalam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread and I am glad to report that the announcement comes back this morning and I have not changed any setting since early Apr. 

good luck everyone! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve the missing or lack of notifications with Google devices. This should now be resolved with no further action needed on your part. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Shayne 

Supacoachuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working!!  Last firmware update 20/march 

niclnicl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working FW 1.19.0.0_3098d492_3567407

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Supacoachuk @niclnicl 

Can you try removing and relinking your account to google.

MichelSeb
Tutor
Tutor

Mine started working again after I did this! 🙂