Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000r3 homekit token reset needed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slackadelic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Started setting up homekit integration and it appears the base station had a firmware update to accommodate this, however, I need the token reset so i can continue.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

slackadelic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much!  Let's see how this goes!

slackadelic
Aspirant
Aspirant

So for some reason it's still prompting me for a homekit code when trying to connect to the base station.  I'll keep digging!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@slackadelic I have reset it again. You will want to use the instructions that are without a code. 

To setup an Arlo device without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station you want to add to Apple Home.
    If you receive an Uncertified Accessory Error message, visit: When adding my Arlo Base Station to Apple Home, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accesso...
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.
  9. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  10. Confirm the name of the device.
  11. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  12. Tap Finish.
    Your devices are ready to use with Apple Home.
Emelchionne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like I’ll need a token reset also but only for one of the two base stations I have.  Would you need a serial number or MAC address to determine which unit needs the token reset?  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Emelchionne I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?