Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to pair with homeassistant homekit - need a token reset?

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
dopey1620
Follower
Follower

I'm trying to pair a vmb4540 base station with home assistant via homekit and it's asking for a home kit pairing code

My device does not have a homekit pairing code anywhere. 

I've seen posts on here that I need to request a token reset. How do I go about doing that?

21 REPLIES 21
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

usasurfr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also running into the same issue. May I also have a token reset for my device as well?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dopey1620  when attempting to reset the token I do not see any active smarthubs or base stations. 

@usasurfr your token has been reset. You will need to reboot the smarthub/base station.

Willmklam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please also reset the token for my base station as I understood it is needed to connect my base station to Home Assistant without the pairing code?

Thanks,

HumbleHobbit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, can you send a token reset to my base station please.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

sooparoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I also need token reset on my VMB4540.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

TWhite208
Aspirant
Aspirant

In need of a token reset. I am unable to connect to Apple Home. Smart Hub VMB4540 and Pro 4 Cameras.

Thank you in advance.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

TWhite208
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed the directions step by step and still cannot connect. I have the same issue as before. There are no options to move froward from this point. 

IMG_3191.PNGIMG_3192.PNG

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Use the instructions to set up without a code.

TWhite208
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated in my previous reply, there is no way around the system asking for a code. If there was, we would not be having this conversation.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try deleting the Home app and reinstalling it, then following the steps of setting up without a code. 

TWhite208
Aspirant
Aspirant

Deleted Home app, restarted phone, same outcome. No option to setup without a code.

TWhite208
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no resolution. I would like to be able to use the feature that I just spent hundreds of dollar to be able to use. 

IMG_3194.jpeg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To setup an Arlo device without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station you want to add to Apple Home.
    If you receive an Uncertified Accessory Error message, visit: When adding my Arlo Base Station to Apple Home, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accesso...
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.
  9. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  10. Confirm the name of the device.
  11. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  12. Tap Finish.
    Your devices are ready to use with Apple Home.
D0mD0m
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i need a token reset too, i need to add the basestation to home assistant and it ask me for the code. Thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

littleh4ck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! Can I get a token reset too? I am also trying to add my basestation to home assistant it requires a pairing code. Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator