Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Isotope1024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a Token reset for HomeKit no response resolution.

36 REPLIES 36
hhzhao
Star
Star

Thanks James! 

That did the trick. I have also noticed that I will need to redo the integration for the previous one as well. 

hhzhao
Star
Star

Hi James,

I have a strange situation that you maybe able to help.

I have 4 smart hub (5000 series), after token resetting, all we’re able to add to HomeKit without issue. However, one of the hub that has 4 Ultra 2 cameras attached, presented to HomeKit with 5 cameras, and the extra one is actually the hub itself, now I have a none responsive fake camera in my HomeKit that can not be removed, unless I remove that particular hub, that will also remove the 4 attached camera as well.

any idea why this hub will also present itself as a camera and add itself again into the HomeKit ?

any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated. 

howard

Mazelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I need also a token reset, that in can use HomeKit.

i read often, that it has function.

Many  thanks, Marcus 

Spiddyspid
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do i get a token reset for my VMB4500 so i can connect to homeassistant?
Thanks

Mazelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ask the support from Arlo, then it need only some hours. They sent it to you base station. 

Spiddyspid
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do i contact support tried going through chat but got caught in a loop of i "dont understand what you are asking" and when i tried getting to a "real" person it said I wasn't covered for that?? is the Homekit pairing code written on teh inside of the VMB4500 somewhere?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spiddyspid,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Amaki164
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s confirmed, all James does all day is send token resets 😂

Spiddyspid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James ... where do i find the Homekit pairing code on the VMB4500 it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the label?

ArloUser001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, can you do a token reset on my base station?

as a side note, any word on a self-service portal that was mentioned to me earlier that would allow users to  do this themselves? This would greatly alleviate the pressures from members always contacting to get this done.

ArloUser001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Token reset no longer required. Other question about the portal still remains. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser001 wrote:

Other question about the portal still remains. 

Arlo hasn't implemented that yet.  I'm sure everyone concerned (including support and the mods) will be very happy when they get to it.