Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app as of 6/25/2023.

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

158 REPLIES 158
Mbdut711
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure how your status page is claiming this is fixed. I’m still getting stuck on the “Discovering your device. Please wait message” when trying to add the hub to HomeKit even after multiple restarts. 

TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm it’s fixed for me.  I had to restart the Arlo base station hub. It took a while to restart as it received a firmware update, after which I was finally able to add my Arlo hub/cameras to Apple HomeKit.

Thx so much!

Mbdut711
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the firmware update on one of my restarts but still no go. 

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Received firmware update after base station reboot.  Still stuck on discovery.  Is a reset token still required?

matteastnz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can also confirm it is now working for me after restarting the Arlo basestation, firmware applied automatically and I was prompted to scan the HomeKit QR code on the back of it once it was back up and running. Many thanks (Token reset was not required). I am using one of the affected VMB5000 SmartHubs.

strangeblue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine still not working after firmware update and reboot. Still searching for devices 

ALSTi
Aspirant
Aspirant

James it state in the Arlo status page that this issue with the VMB5000 has been resolved. How so? As im still stuck on discovering your device please wait page. IF. resolved as claimed is there something that users need do that Im missing? Cheers

Al

matteastnz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, I was having this issue and upon hearing it had been resolved, these are the steps I took to fix it.

From the Arlo App, I rebooted the Arlo VMB5000 SmartHub, it rebooted twice as a firmware update was applied on the second reboot.

Once that was complete, in the Arlo app I went Settings>My Devices>VMB5000 SmartHub (or whatever you have called it)>HomeKit. From there I selected the VMB5000 SmartHub and was directed to either scan the QR code from the back of the smarthub or enter the code manually. Once that was done, all my cameras re-appeared in the Home app on all my devices. I just had to rename all the cameras to what I had them previously named as (I deleted them all yesterday thinking a full reset would fix the issue before becoming aware of the known issue, you may not need to rename them if you haven't deleted them previously). Hopefully that helps.

Lightning7
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my Arlo cameras have been showing “not responding” in Apple Home app from a few days ago

I’ve removed my Arlo hub from HomeKit but I’m unable to add it setup Arlo to HomeKit. When I try to run setup, it get stuck on discovering devices.

Can I please get a token reset so that I may be able to re-add my hub/cameras back to Apple

Thank you,

ALSTi
Aspirant
Aspirant

No such luck for me but was worth a try

Judi320
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please reset my token so I can add to HomeKit again?

doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also stuck on discovering devices even after firmware update.

Daniel-S
Tutor
Tutor

Can you please reset my homekit token.

derek286
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo support, I need a token reset since I have already removed everything from Apple Home but now stuck on the discovering your device page. Thanks. 

Daniel-S
Tutor
Tutor

Still waiting for a HomeKit token reset, can't get beyond the point of "Discovering your device"

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ditto.  Still not working

TechEnthusiast
Tutor
Tutor

Just trying to be helpful. While I did get a token reset which did not help (token reset was before Arlo support announced the issue is fixed and release of new firmware). I also did a complete delete of my Arlo station/cameras from my account. Again, deleting

the base station from my account did not fix the problem before the issue was announced fixed by Arlo and release of new firmware.

After Arlo announced it was fixed, I then restarted base station, received the firmware update and was finally able to setup HomeKit again.

Perhaps try to remove (delete) your Arlo base station/cameras from your account and setup all over again then try adding to HomeKit again. Do at your own risk. I’m not an arlo expert, just stating what I went through.

MORGiON666
Star
Star

@JamesC   

Hi, Could I please get a token reset. 

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello:

I reached out to and spoke to Tech support this morning hoping to receive a token reset.  They informed me that there is still an ongoing problem despite the latest firmware update and that a token reset will still not solve the problem.

They informed me that someone would be reaching out me directly to fix the problem.  @JamesC please help provide some status and update.  

Thank you,

Olega
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked for me after software update, but I didn’t remove bridge or unpaired cams from HomeKit. Restarted home base. Works now. Thanks. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New firmware is now available resolving the issue some VMB5000 users were experiencing with HomeKit integration. Your SmartHub should have automatically received the update (version 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3) overnight. Please test again and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Olega
Aspirant
Aspirant

Works now! Thank you!

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Required a token reset by calling into tech support. Again!    Now working

ArloinHtown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case ID: 43547609

I noticed there was a firmware update pushed to my hubs last night. All three hubs looked like they were reset, but I was only able to load one of the hubs to HomeKit (VMB5000r4/5GH18B73A202F). When I tried to setup the other two I continue to get hung on the "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen. Would you please reset the tokens for (VMB5000r6/A6C43271D0E56) and (VMB5000r6/A6J1137XA05AB)?   Thanks.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloinHtown,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC