Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ketchup_Mayo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Since yesterday, I am no longer able to control my arlo devices from Samsung SmartThings.

Tried to unlink and re-link Arlo services but with no success.

Is there something broken in terms of service integration between SmartThings and Arlo?

Thanks & Regards,

Ketchup_Mayo

62 REPLIES 62
Hildor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have the same problem. The cameras looks like they are turned on in SmartThings when they in reality is turned off.

Anyone heard anything from Arlo or SmartThings?

DMBram
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been going on for a long time and I cannot see any resolution. Has anyone got an answer yet? I have the same issue with my VMB4500 base and VMC4030P cameras. 

Gustavoalves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing yet. I'm still an answer from Arlo. But seems anything wrong in the app. Wen I try to enable all devices only my siren and ring are activated, the rest of the 5 cameras still off and to turn on I need to activate them separately

Screenshot_2023-06-11-11-35-31-589_com.arlo.app.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-11-11-35-44-976_com.arlo.app.jpg

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I tagged both Arlo (ArloSmarthome) and SmartThings (smartthings) on Twitter, on 9th June.  Sometime this morning (and assuming a US timezone), I had a reply from "ask_Arlo" :-

"Thank you for reaching out. Our L3 support is currently look into it. We appreciate your patience. GC"

I see others have tried the same approach - another reply from Arlo is :-

" Our DevOps team is investigating the root cause of the reports we have received between Arlo and SmartThings applications. Once we receive additional details from the team, we will follow-up with an update"

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for telling so the rest of us will also know that there´s at least something happening.

AlmostMe
Aspirant
Aspirant

In NZ here and getting the issue with Ultra cameras.  Same thing has happened before, and it mysteriously resolved itself.  Hoping it won't take soo long this time around, unsure if it is Arlo or Samsung issue, suspect one of the products have made a slight mod to their API format.

Maili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue in Germany with Arlo Pro. I am pretty sure that's not depending on locality

Gustavoalves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday Arlo answer my ticket. 

They recommend to re install Arlo App, unlink the integration and start everything again. Re install app, and link integration. Nothing happens, same problem, same issue. Cameras are not available in the Arlo app on moods page neither in the Integration. I'm losing my patient, if I don't have a solution seems and auction ebay is the way and buy another cameras, maybe Google Outdoor is the solution, perhaps they don't Kick they clients like Arlo 🤔😕

Briney
Aspirant
Aspirant

3 days after I submitted a support request to Arlo about this issue, I have received NOTHING back from them!  Not even an acknowledgement they received my request.  I see there has been no improvement in their customer support......  To all potential Arlo customers out there, remember the phrase, 'Let the buyer beware'.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the feedback regarding this concern. I have provided this info to the appropriate team and I will continue to provide updates as soon as possible. 

sjbtax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ironically, after a firmware update to my SmartThings hub early this morning the attached Arlo reference appeared on my Dashboard. The view details link does nothing.

IMG_0419.jpeg

Joybat
Tutor
Tutor

kan ikke for binde arlo ultra med smartthings mere, får bare denne besked hele tiden....353089856_226942830114056_1862678788792159400_n.jpg

Joybat
Tutor
Tutor

kan ikke for binde arlo ultra med smartthings mere, får bare denne besked hele tiden....353089856_226942830114056_1862678788792159400_n.jpg

FlannelNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

FlannelNZ_0-1686772174313.png

They are working on it. Apparently.

FlannelNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should also add that its refreshing that they didn't just point the finger at Smartthings.

My entire $1000 investment in Netatmo stations was made worthless when Smartthings changed platform and Netatmo dev's basically said we don't care, fix it yourself with our API.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @FlannelNZ 

Correct, I am following this issue closely and I will make sure to provide any updates here as soon as I hear more. 

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Just nice to be aware that things are under investigation.

jeri30
Guide
Guide

9 days have passed with non functional partner integration. 9 days of arlo not being reliable.

Please provide an update. Has the issue been identified or did it end up in some "backlog"?

I wonder what I am paying my subscription fees for...

RichB19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, same issue here (UK)

Zampalunga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same

Shall we start writing bad reviews on Amazon to get proper answers from Arlo?

Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, thanks for chasing, can we as a forum contact someone to speed things up? 

It's not very good for the confidence in Arlo./Verisure products when things that are for made for security dies for weeks..

Gustavoalves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in touch with Arlo Support for a few days. Some initial tests with the phone type, wifi, connections and software versions but all seems ok. They send the ticket to engenyering department. Seems that problem need to be solved with Arlo and Smartthings support because the integration. They warrant me, EOL is not the problem because Arlo Pro cams are outdated but if the cameras work then all the sistem needs to work, app and integration. Only if I have a Camera problem there's no support ou replacements because EOL. 

Waiting an Arlo Support answer. 

jeri30
Guide
Guide

Any new? The time it takes arlo to fix a whole integration is ridiculous... (besides them not having any proper monitoring on partner integrations, which would be industry standard in professional companies)

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Won´t have my expectations too high about having news any time soon when it took a week to have any kind of response from Arlo at this thread in the first place.

Thank god my indoor cams are another brand so my house isn´t totally unsecured.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

I haven´t seen any app update or anything but today when I linked Arlo and ST yet again (has been daily routine for me during this issue) all the suddenly everything seems to work again as it should!

So what ever the problem was, it seems to be gone at least for me.

Thanks!