Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartThings no longer able to connect to Arlo devices

Discussion stats
Ketchup_Mayo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Since yesterday, I am no longer able to control my arlo devices from Samsung SmartThings.

Tried to unlink and re-link Arlo services but with no success.

Is there something broken in terms of service integration between SmartThings and Arlo?

Thanks & Regards,

Ketchup_Mayo

62 REPLIES 62
jeri30
Guide
Guide

Same here. Not able to control devices via smartthings anymore. 

Removed link and tried to relink... now smartthings does not even see the cameras anymore.

Ketchup_Mayo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to hear that I am not the only one.. hope this can be solved soon!

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Multiple cameras and 2 different model base stations but none of these are showing in ST. I hope they can sort the problem soon.

devilworks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone found the solution? I had unlinked the Arlo integration, but when I tried to relink, it showed discovery_request_failed.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

At least I can successfully link accounts but my devices just won´t appear in SmartThings.

I´ve tried to wipe cache from both of the apps, relinked them several times, removed and started everything from the beginning in Arlo side but no luck 😞

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another here seemed to start failing around 7am (BST) on Monday 6th June, was about to try removing and re-linking, will hold off based upon the experiences documented here. 

FlannelNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Phew. Glad it's not just me. 

Couldn't control cameras from smartthings anymore yesterday. Removed and recreated the link. Oauth errors out then a retry works but no cameras show to add.

Error code: discovery_request_failed

jeri30
Guide
Guide

Can a moderator or community manager please escalate this to appropriate people?

Seems the whole arlo-smartthings integration is disfunctional atm...

Ketchup_Mayo
Aspirant
Aspirant

to be honest, I am not even sure whether the issue is with Arlo.

I have an Arlo integration setup with my google home and it works without any issue.
I see that Sonikky has raised similar issue to Samsung Smart Thing community forum

Direct link 

Arlo cameras just stopped working - Devices & Integrations / Connected Things - SmartThings Communit...

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, I made the thread to ST forums mainly because I liked to know if I´m alone with my the problem.

Google home has different integration than ST so it doesn´t mean much if it´s working. Integrations are maintained by it´s owner, so this problem should be up to Arlo.

jeri30
Guide
Guide

Indeed. On smartthings forums I read that integration with arlo is owned by Arlo. So Arlo team has to investigate and fix.

If it is a problem on smartthings side, they may handle with them.

But by seeing no response here and status page being (operational) I doubt they already know... proper monitoring would be a side request then...

Anyone opened a bug ticket yet?

pphh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed 3 new cameras.

And they never showed in the ST App. So I removed the link, and tried yo link the accounts again.

Get the:connection request failure: and the press the retry button and the app approve the link and I see Arlo as a linked account.

And in Arlo the smartthing is also set as a linked account. But no cameras show up anywhere....?

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

Not working for me either.  Integration has been down for a few days; discovered as my automations stopped working.

Tried removing/re-adding cameras, and restarting Arlo and Smartthings hubs - no effect.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are also pretty much useless at the  moment without automations via SmartThings.

Would be nice to hear at least something from the Arlo/moderators.

Kriminal
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, without Smartthings my arlo cams are useless.

Days go by and no Arlo technician fixes or responds 

jeri30
Guide
Guide

Bit of a bad impression when these thousands of "I need homekit token reset" requests get served quickly.. but a whole integration is down and nothing happens.

Hope it'll work again soon. Going to cancel my subscription until then.

Gustavoalves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. 

But i think we have a biggest problem here. Seems Arlo changed de EOL Policy, that is the end of life for the equipments. In my case i have 5 Arlo pro and they work extremely perfect for the last 4 years, i never had any issue with them but seems the 4030 model have a dead line EOL 01/06/2023, excatly when problems started. I accept Arlo can´t provide parts, or Software Upgrades but sorry, anything happends with my Arlo Pro to change his work flow. 

I think and i apprecciate Arlo investigate this issue and solve it. Its true i bought my cameras in 2018 and i spend more than a 750€ for 5 Arlo Pro becouse its a excellent brand and the equipment has great quality. But if this Arlo Action its to try to sell a newest cams, sorry but with me this don´t work becouse i will never buy anytime another Arlo product.

I create a Ticket and im waiting for an answer from Arlo. 

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

EOL doesn´t affect my cameras and it also shouldn´t affect linking of apps, which some users can´t do at the moment.

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

This is actually starting to get really irritating. People pay huge money for these products to get premium service and now we can´t even get any kind of response in several days with HUGE problem as this.

Gustavoalves
Aspirant
Aspirant

In fact it is really anoying!! 😕. But a made somea questions to Arlo without answer yet but I need to know. 

Actually I have the free service and in fact the sistem is really good, it's true. But

if I subscribe paid plan it all works again?

I can access to Arlo thru Smartthings with paid plan?

Can I use the automations I have since the last years in Smartthings?  

The warranty they offer with the paid plans fits on oldest cameras like Arlo Pro 4030?

I'm waiting for the answer because I prefer to pay 11€ month and have a really good camera system than spend a lot of money "again" in another cameras brand!! 

🤔

I think and that's my version. Arlo seems to be buyed by Verisure Securitas Direct and if it happens is the end.  😕 

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

Gustavoalves... I have a paid plan, and the integration/automations are not working, so getting a paid plan will not help you.

Hopefully the Verisure buyout of Arlo Europe is not the reason for this issue... I'm in Europe (UK). 

Where is everyone else who has this issue?

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

@mikeos2001 I’m also in the U.K. and I also have a paid subscription so can confirm that having a paid plan has nothing to do with it. 

sonikky
Tutor
Tutor

I´m also from Europe (Finland).

Even selling the company isn´t an excuse, in that case new owner is responsible if they continue to work as same brand. As I said, these are an expensive cameras, which have been marketed and sold to customers by being compatible with SmartThings, so they should work as described at least their EOL cycle. SmartThings compatibility is the only reason I bought my cameras and I wouldn´t have bought them otherwise because they are worth of paperweight without that.

Also what ever the problem is it´s just arrogant to ignore customers the way they have been doing so far with this situation.

Briney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the same position as the rest of you.  Smartthings can no longer turn on/off the cameras.  My home security system is effectively broken because of this fault.  Unlike some of you, this is not the first time I have had problems with Arlo.  In my experience, I go from problem to problem with Arlo, and would not recommend them to anyone.  £500+ of bad investment from my point of view.  

I have raised a case with them and have asked them to look at this thread and at least acknowledge that they are aware of the issue, and also to let us know what they are doing to correct it (if anything!).