Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please reset my HomeKit token

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nhlm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I hope whoever reading this is having a nice day. I am seeking a token reset for my base station for HomeKit. I found this was the only way. 
sorry to have bothered anyone

10 REPLIES 10
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

Asking us for assistance is never a bother. That is why we are here!

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Nhlm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your time & assistance.  When I disconnected the power on the base station (and waited 2 mins) it started back up fine but nothing changed on my HomeKit end. 
When I try and add the accessory to the Home app I scan the code and it identifies the base as a hub- totally great- but it never connects to it. 
I also try to select the “set up” option for HomeKit within the Arlo app and it tells me to wait- forever… 

not sure if there’s something else I should try? I’ve already removed the base station (and cameras) from the Arlo app, reset the base station to factory, and set them up again. 
these did work at one point, not sure what I did. 
any other help would be greatly appreciated. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset the token again. Please uninstall the app and reinstall it and follow the instructions within the link I sent you for setting up without a code. 

Nhlm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for another reset. Sadly after removing the app and redownloading I am still exactly where I was… I followed the instructions the support article you linked for without a code and this is the only screen I see… forever… 

IMG_6763.jpeg

should I remove the base station, reset it, re-add it to the newly downloaded Arlo app, re-add the cameras and try again? 
I really do appreciate your assistance. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have a reset the token again, You will need to do a full reset of the hub add the cameras back on and then follow the instructions within the link I sent you. 

Nhlm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I will follow those instructions once I am back at the house ~ about 5 hours from now. 

Nhlm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I got home I removed the base station (along with all cameras) from the freshly downloaded Arlo app. I then reset the base station, launched the Arlo app and repaired it. Before I went through all the trouble of adding cameras I tried to set up HomeKit and I am EXACTLY where I started… I have now had to add and re-add 6 cameras (all outdoors, in trees etc.) only to be right where I started. 
The support articles are GREAT but they are of no help because it just searches forever and I never get connected. 
I worked for Apple for over 10 years and know how to add HomeKit compatible equipment, I am certain this isn’t user error. Just starting to get a little frustrated because these are expensive and I paid extra for the base to be HomeKit compatible and it just isn’t working. All my other lights and other accessories are working properly so it’s not my network. 

I am not sure what else to do… and of course I’m out of warranty… classic

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I reset the token one more time, please set it up again with the link I sent you. Follow the steps without the code. 

boonco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

My troubleshooting steps have led me to here -- could you please reset my homekit token as well? Unable to add vmb4500 to Homekit.

Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?