Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT, triggers and notifications (Arlo Floodlight)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
merlin666
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

• There are 2 types of motion detection trigger for Arlo at IFTTT:
    The "motion detected" which is generic and the "detects object" which is able to distinguish between 3 types of objects: Animal, Car, Person.

• In the Arlo application, you can activate or deactivate a notification in the event of motion detection/detects object (without any link to IFTTT).

However, it seems that the IFTTT "motion detected" trigger works whether notifications in Arlo app modes are enabled or NOT.

On the other hand, it appears that the IFTTT "detects object" trigger works ONLY IF notifications (for the relevant mode in the Arlo app) are enabled!

I would like the IFTTT trigger for "detects object" to be able to activate even if notifications are not enabled in the active mode in the Arlo app.
Yes, I'd like to launch an IFTTT action if I detect an animal, a vehicle or a person WITHOUT receiving a notification on my phone (for these cases only; I have active notifications for other modes in the Arlo app for other scenarios).

Can you fix this, please, so that the "detects object" trigger can work like the "motion detected" trigger, i.e. WITHOUT notifications?

Here's the answer from IFTTT support, which I contacted before writing here:

"The push notification would need to be enabled in order to trigger the Applet "Detects object", as this was how the Arlo team built the integration on IFTTT. Since the Arlo team built and maintains the Arlo service on IFTTT, they have full control over the triggers, queries, and actions available to users. 
We'd recommend reaching out directly to the Arlo team to suggest that they allow Arlo triggers to be detected even with the push notifications disabled.
I hope this points you in the right direction and let me know if there's anything else we can help with from our side.
 TTThanks,

Heidi from IFTTT"

Thank you

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

HI @merlin666 

At this time, this is functioning by design. I will keep you updated if any enhancements are made in the future.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @merlin666 

At this time, this is functioning by design. I will keep you updated if any enhancements are made in the future.

Thank you