Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I think i may need Homekit token reset please?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
greeneyeddi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I may need a token reset for my SmartHub.

My SmartHub and iPhone 14 Pro Max are on the same WiFi network, the SmartHub has been restarted numerous times and I have logged out and then deleted the app then and re-added the app and logged back in and tried again, but still have had no success in adding the base to my existing Apple Home.  

I have tried both ways to connect it -- using the Arlo app and using the Apple Home App.  I cannot connect to Apple HomeKit from the Arlo Secure app (it just keeps saying Connecting to Accessory....forever) or from the Home app (it gives the error message Unable to Add Accessory. This accessory cannot be used with HomeKit). 

Any help much appreciated please! 

Firmware is 1.21.0.2_1423_8a519c8

Hardware is VMB5000r6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Favnd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update firmware and software, make sure your SmartHub and iPhone have the latest firmware and software updates installed. Check for any available updates for both devices and install them if necessary. Sometimes, compatibility issues can be resolved by updating the firmware or software. Check Home Kit compatibility, verify that your Arlo SmartHub model is compatible with Apple Home Kit. Not all Arlo devices support Home Kit, so it's essential to ensure compatibility before attempting to connect. You can check the Arlo website or product documentation to confirm Home Kit compatibility for your specific SmartHub model. Reset SmartHub and Home Kit settings: Try resetting the SmartHub and your Home Kit settings to start fresh. On the SmartHub, locate the reset button (usually a small pinhole) and press and hold it for a few seconds until the device resets. For Home Kit, go to your iPhone's Settings, tap on your profile at the top, then scroll down and select "iCloud." Disable Home Kit and then enable it again. This will reset your Home Kit settings and allow you to set up the SmartHub again. Check network settings, ensure that both your SmartHub and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that there are no network restrictions or firewall settings blocking the connection. You can try restarting your Wi-Fi router or connecting the devices to a different Wi-Fi network to see if that resolves the issue. Contact Arlo Support, if you have followed the above steps and are still unable to connect your SmartHub to Apple Home Kit, it's best to reach out to Arlo support for further assistance. They will have specific knowledge about their products and can provide guidance and troubleshooting steps tailored to your situation.

greeneyeddi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've already done all that you described before coming here to post my initial post.  I see that many people with this exact same issue have had a reset token sent to their hub by requesting it on this forum and it resolved this issue, that is why I am here also requesting one.  

Thanks for your attempt to help though--much appreciated! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

greeneyeddi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paired perfectly after the token reset! Thanks so much! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome!