Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homekit token reset

zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I successfully added my smart hub to homekit once, but I had to re-do the homekit setup. Now I am stuck at the "Devices found" stage of the hub's homekit section. Reading around the community pages it seems like I need to get a token reset to be able to re-add the hub to homekit. Can you please push one to the hub associated with this account?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to factory reset the base station. I just reset the token again. This time reset the base station and see if that resolves the issue. 

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137
lookmumitsahawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need one as well, please help.

lookmumitsahawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the hub and added it again. It works now. Have to add all the cameras again, so not ideal..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@zmit 

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get an Apple HomeKit token reset for my VMB4540 

Anmalhot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my base station is also stuck on Discovering screen. Can I please get a reset token sent as well? Thank you!

Balboaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please send me a new HomeKit Token too, thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit tokens, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

chrispederick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset for my VMB5000r5 hub please?

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The token reset did not take for my VMB4540  restarting and adding to HomeKit didn't work

Anmalhot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the message. I restarted the base station, however, on the Arlo Secure iOS app I am still getting 'Set up' for HomeKit options. On tapping Set up', it takes me to the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' Nothing happens thereafter. How do I add the base station to HomeKit?

Balboaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem persist, app stuck in “detecting device” process; can you help me with this please?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@eddiemw I have reset the token again. 

@Anmalhot please follow the steps within the link below

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed all the steps, I have a VMB4000 no code and a vmb4540 with a code. I have done this before and all eligible cameras were available but recently had a new modem added to my Orbi system and all cameras were not available in HomeKit

The rest of HomeKit is working

Thank you for any insight

Anmalhot
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the reply. I tried the steps to no avail. On tapping Home Kit -> Set Up, it keeps getting stuck on Discovering....

This used to work pretty straight forward. What should I try?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try the following:

Setttings>Privacy & Security>Homekit

There you should fine a listing of all the apps that have requested access to HomeKit.  Slide the bar left (off) and back to on (right - green).  Then go back into HomeKit and check your device(s)

It appears that when you originally authorized the app to HomeKit it generated a certificate (for security purposes).  The sliding of this bar off and no seems to regenerate the certificate.

Anmalhot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried it just now....nothing changed 😞

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to factory reset the base station. I just reset the token again. This time reset the base station and see if that resolves the issue. 

zmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked for me after resetting the hub to factory settings and remove it from the app. Just restarting the hub did not help

Anmalhot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting did it! 

Thanks for all the help!

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

After several tries and several token resets on my previous base, I purchased another base VMB5000. Still having issues connecting to HomeKit could you sen a token rest userI removed all other base units 
thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset the token, before setting the HomeKit up, please uninstall and reinstall the app, reboot the basestation and then follow the steps within the link below: 

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the help, but it still will not add. I have 3 bases, but now only have one connected, the VMB5000. Just added 14 cameras after purchasing the VMB5000. The camera setup worked much better than my previous VMB4540 and VMB4000. I restarted the VMB5000, uninstalled the arlo app on my phone (iPhone15pro) then reinstalled it. Still getting can't find device. I was previously connected to HomeKit, and my internet provider needed to change my modem. My modem is connected to an Orbi router with 4 satellites and prior to the modem change everything was working. I am a long time user of both arlo and homeKit

Any other ideas

Thanks

Eddie

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The only other thing you can try is a token reset again and then you would need to do a reset of the base station. However, all the cameras would need to be re-added. Would you like to try that?

eddiemw
Aspirant
Aspirant

it's worth another try 

my login is eddiemw@live.com and my only connected base is:

VMB5000r6

s/n A6C4357PD0633

let me know when it is sent

and does it make a difference how many cameras are connected prior to adding to homeKit. Can I add 1 or 2, add to HomeKit then add the rest

Thanks again