Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homekit not able to add BaseStation

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Ralph2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as the others - if I try adding the arlo to HomeKit, it gets stuck discovering.  Please send a reset token.  Thank you! Serial A6G2187HA05D0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ralph2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Works well now.

Mikko76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I`m not able to add Arlo Base Station to Apple Homekit, model VMB500

serial number A6G21871A005F

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikko76,

JamesC

Mikko76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, it`s working now 🙂

tex73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo support,

I have the same problem as others here.

I can't connect my Arlo Pro Base Station to HomeKit via the Arlo Secure app.

The setup screen says "Discovering your device. Please wait." but never finds my device.

Can you please reset my token?

Arlo Pro Base Station : Harware VMB4000r3 , SN 4R026B7AA22B3

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tex73,

JamesC

Blablah12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to add my upstairs base station Ultra SmartHub VMB5000 to Apple HomeKit.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blablah12345,

JamesC

Blablah12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

But now the cameras connected to my downstairs base station (VMB5000r6) are not responding in the Apple Home Kit app (works fine in the Arlo app). I tried removing and re-adding the base station to Apple Home Kit and it cannot be found (both through Arlo and Apple HK app). I tried restarting the base station too. Any ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blablah12345,

What is the s/n for that base?

JamesC

Blablah12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Downstairs S/n - A6C32572A0579

Upstairs S/n -

A6C31A7HA0519

(upstairs is working but just in case you need to reset it and I need to delete and add again)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blablah12345,

I've reset the token for device ending in 0579. You should be able to set up using the same instructions linked above.

JamesC

Waymo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue trying to connect to Homekit. Can you please send a reset token:

SN: A6F31A7TA0FB2

Waymo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted supported and this has now been fixed