Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Pairing Code

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

171 REPLIES 171
elemental1980
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently had to reset up my entire network with a new router and access points and I can no longer see my Arlo Pro 2 base station or cameras in HomeKit.  Could you do a token reset for me please?

Tubbers
Aspirant
Aspirant

the install failed part way through. and now it wont work. do you mind resetting it again?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

elemental1980, Tubbers

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Stevescup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

My home assistant setup is asking for a pairing code but nothing is printed on my basestation. VMB4000. Any help much appreciated 

Steve

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stevescup,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

n-n
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a token reset on my VMB4540 as well.   

Also is there any way to recover the homekit code (e.g. my serial number or mac address)?  Trying to integrate it to Home Assistant and I might get stuck on the screen asking for the code like others. 

PHB_fr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset not working for me.

I don't have iOS devise so home assistant Always need code

Tubbers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Btw I gave up on all this, and used the Aarlo community integration using these instructions https://youtu.be/WWHeiq1SD5U?si=7JfWe9o6q8CKYSN4

I regret spending thousands on Arlo and finding out they don't facilitate the  home assistant community. I will probably look to swap out for another camera setup. 

Scottparker999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please can I have token reset too? No code / qr on base station or QSG. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

n-n, PHB_fr, Scottparker999

JamesC

Kadisho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Could you please send a token request, it was originally paired but for some reason has dropped off and does not seem to find it again.

Thanks,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kadisho,

JamesC

dlalancette
Aspirant
Aspirant

Helo,

Is the only way is ask here to get the reset token ? If so, I need it too!

Thanks !

benehmke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too need a token reset.

Scottparker999
Aspirant
Aspirant

this didnt seem to work. i still get asked for the setupcode / barcode?

is it possible to try again?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dlalancette  , @benehmke  and @Scottparker999 your token has been reset. You will need to reboot the smarthub/base station.

SJM1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset so I can connect to HomeKit?

thanks 

mgleason2002
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also trying to add my Base Station to Home Assistant. Can you please send a token reset?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

camw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also love a homekit code to expose my Arlo cameras to Home Assistant! Thanks in advance!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@camw If your device did not come with a pairing code, the only way to sync with Homekit is by using the alternative pairing method. There is no code to generate or provide if the device didn't come with one.

How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

rcisgreat
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I get an Arlo Homekit reset code for my Arlo VMB4540r2?  I would like to pair all of my devices to Apple Homekit.

Mitchell Bell

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

elemental1980
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - this is the first time the token reset has not worked.  Rebooted the base station immediately after receiving this response, and usually all I have to do is open Apple Home and it see's the Arlo Pro 2 straight away.. this time it still couldn't see it.  COuld you please do another token reset for me and see if this resolves it?

Thank you 🙂

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?