Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

173 REPLIES 173
SkyPad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@brewnote you will need to reset the basestation. Not a reboot but a reset. 

https://www.arlo.com/nl_nl/support/faq/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-t...

After resetting that then go ahead and try setting it up without the code again.

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK thank you I will try that.  Is it essential to remove the SmartHub from the account?  I really don't want to have to set up a bunch of cameras again if not absolutely necessary.  Thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If the Homekit is not connecting with the token reset the next step is the resetting of the Homekit. 

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, what does it mean to reset HomeKit?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

My apologies resetting the basestation

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@brewnote was you able to get that reset and have the homekit work?

Langstrum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like a reset token as I can’t pair my HomeKit anymore for smarthub

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

alexgalicea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also in need of a reset for home kit thanks!

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

No same code request screen. No change. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alexgalicea 
I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN I followed your instructions, reset my hub and the same issue happens.  It asks for a code, or a QR scan and I have neither.  What do you suggest?  Thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Follow the instructions to pair without a code. 

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but the reason I initially requested support is because those instructions do not work.

1. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  2. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.

After I add a room, it asks me to type in a code.  If I click continue, it turns on my camera and asks for a QR scan.  That's it.  I can't get past that.  That is the reason I am asking for a code.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

These instructions were in the link I sent you. Did you try these steps?

To setup an Arlo device without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station you want to add to Apple Home.
    If you receive an Uncertified Accessory Error message, visit: When adding my Arlo Base Station to Apple Home, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accesso...
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.
  9. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  10. Confirm the name of the device.
  11. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  12. Tap Finish.
    Your devices are ready to use with Apple Home.
brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN Yes.  Those are the steps I tried.  I do not have the option to continue without a code.  I've returned the device to Amazon and will buy a new one that comes with the code.  The renewed model was missing it.  Not worth the trouble here.

DJH10
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4540r4 Will not link to Homekit, I've tried all of the fixes, check for firmware updates to apply but all uptodate ... what are the tokens I see others have received to address the issue?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@brewnote if you are still unable to set up the homekit the next step would be to reset the basestation. And then have the token reset again. 

@DJH10 I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN My issue is resolved.  I got a new one (instead of a renewed one) from Amazon.  Worked first time through.

kelvan
Aspirant
Aspirant

can you send me a token reset request too
I got an old arlo pro, did a reset, updated base station and camera firmware and did another reset, it shows up as homekit device in home assistant, but wants a pairing code

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Use the instructions within the link to set up without the code. 

Djimusic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also running into the issue in which I can’t get it to pair to HomeKit. Can you please send my base station a reset?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions

:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184