Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
Eduardojp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been having the same issue when trying to set up my base station with the Apple Home Kit. Is there anything you can do to help me fix this issue?
Courtneyad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, may I please receive a token to resolve HomeKit connectivity problems?
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Eduardojp ,

I have reset the token on your SmartHub. Please reboot the SmartHub and try adding to Homekit again.

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Courtneyad ,

I tried to do a token reset for your SmartHub, but it currently shows that it is offline. Can you please check to make sure your SmartHub is powered on and connected to the internet? We can try to reset the token once it's back online.

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

kthornton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello there. Having the same issue as everyone else. Can I get a token reset as well?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kthornton

I have reset the token on your SmartHub. Please reboot the SmartHub and try adding to Homekit again.

SirGriff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I get one of these token resets as I can’t get the Arlo app to see my camera’s
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SirGriff

if you can send me a PM with your Admin email I can reset your token.

Thanks

warnocks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base disconnected from HomeKit and won't reconnect.  Can I get my token reset?

Thanks,

Matthew Morgan

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @warnocks

Thank you

pup0975
Guide
Guide
I am having the same issues as well. Can you please send my base station a token as well?
Wilkmandoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I am still having the same issue. Can’t add to HomeKit.

Firmware: 1.16.5.7_3823_a530306

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Serial Number: 4RE******1829

Can you please reset my base station token as well?

Thanks

Andrew

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wilkmandoo @pup0975

Thank you

Waes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi could I get a token reset for my base station, so that my cameras can be discovered in the Arlo app for HomeKit set-up?
Thanks Willem
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Waes

Thank you

ICON79
Aspirant
Aspirant
PLEASE HELP!!

My base station firmware is 1.16.5.7_3823_a530306.

I’m currently using an Arlo Pro with base station VMB4000r3.

When I check my base station settings I don’t even have an HomeKit set up option. Please help.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ICON79

I reset the token, can you reboot and check again. 

Thanks

ICON79
Aspirant
Aspirant
So unfortunately after I restarted the bass station the HomeKit icon is still not available under base station settings.

I currently have it plugged directly to the AirPort Extreme using Ethernet cable.

I also tried turning the device completely off and back on and still unfortunately nothing.

What other options do I have? Am I doing something wrong?
ICON79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to follow up with my issue where HomeKit doesn't show when entering my device settings. Token reset was apparently applied and after reboot the Homekit icon still doesn't display.

Please help!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ICON79

Try removing and reinstalling the Arlo app and look for the Homekit option. 

ICON79
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE!!!

Turns out you have to turn on Arlo in the privacy settings of your phone / tablets. In my case it was my iPhone. Under settings/privacy/HomeKit/Arlo.

Once you toggle this on re-open Arlo application and the HomeKit option will  be under your hub settings.

.....Request..... Arlo needs to allow HomeKit support to be able to talk with the HomeKit App. Currently you can just view.

Clegend
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send me a reset token. My Arlo is unable to contact.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Clegend

Thank you

bluztoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try as I might I cannot figure out how to get this thing to work with HomeKit. I'm starting to worry that they've done this by design. I bought this because I wanted to get away from subscriptions so I may yet have to return it. But, this camera/light is supposed to work with HomeKit with no hub needed. At least that's what was said in many articles. Maybe that's wrong. How do I get it to work with HomeKit? Do I need a token too somehow? Thanks. Love the design and wanted it so to work with the solar charger. 

bluztoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly I figured it out in the very small print with the footnote approach - smart hub or base station. So I went down the rabbit hole. This stuff is going back. No more subscriptions. I may be naive about not wanting to pay monthly subscriptions but it is the new scam. The gift that keeps on buying, on credit cards no one pays attention to. Amazon will soon have this unit for you as a refurbished and a solar unit too. Best to y'all. Loved the tech Arlo represented but just not there yet. It's funny I know. Here you have Apple with all it's proprietary crap. They started this madness.