Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
PDGMOH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Can you please help for my device as well?

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PDGMOH,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Renot67
Aspirant
Aspirant
AckAck1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need a reset for the HomeKit also.
Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AckAck1,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

PeteZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James,

I’m having the same issues as well. Would you be able to send a token?

Cheers
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PeteZ,

JamesC

Greggan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have the same problem with my vbm4000r3.
Can you fix mine to.
Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greggan,

JamesC

Matharris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyway this can be done for me as well? Still no HomeKit support on my Arlo Pro system
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Matharris,

JamesC

Matharris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fandy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,
I have the same problem with my vbm4000r3 when trying to setup HomeKit. Can you please help?

Andy
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fandy,

JamesC

Fandy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC. It’s finally working now!
sapanjain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, I have same issue. Could you help me with this?

mjharrell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James, can you send me a token reset as well?  I have two separate basestations, it’s the Leopold one.

thanks!

mjharrell
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  Not sure if you need to be tagged so here is a ping on this.

Kart100
Aspirant
Aspirant
pglennl
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC can I have this token resent to my base station for the HomeKit error
sapanjain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pinging @JamesC  again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sapanjain,

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

poyopoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave up when I was troubleshooting this a few months ago in order to get it to work. Now I stumbled on this thread hoping to get it to work, so I attempted to contact chat support, and after waiting the queue, and waiting for the agent to respond after I provided info, the chat just ended abruptly.

My issue is, when I'm setting up homekit, I'm just stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." Here's what I've already tried:

- ensured firmware is up to date on camera and base station

- power cycle base station, modem, router, phone and home hub (apple tv 4k)

- uninstalled app, power cycled device, reinstalled again

- tried on my ipad through the app, still the same

My devices are:

- iPhone SE 2 iOS 13.5.1

- iPad Pro 2017 iPadOS 13.5.1

- Base Station VMB4000r3 running 1.16.2.3_3499_ccd29a0

- 2x Arlo Pro 2 Cameras running 1.125.14.0_34_1189

arlo chat support.jpgArlo issue.png

poyopoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got this to work when I called support earlier today (long wait time though, like 1 hour). Troubleshooting took about 30 minutes.

Did some basic troubleshooting first in order to be on the same page, but as the agent almost gave up, I let them know about the "token" that needs to be sent that I read through this thread, and then they said they're not able to do it on their end and had to consult the issue with advanced support. Thankfully got resolved on the same call. Finally after owning the cameras for a while, I am able to get it in HomeKit.

Definitely a troublesome journey just to get it working.

Jim1217
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update as I was early HomeKit user... The token works and the setup is rather simple. The problem? I’m not that happy with the final result. It works but is a bit slow and no where near the responsiveness as the native app. I also noticed my batteries running out at least 3 times as fast. Automations are also hit or miss. I ended up removing it from HomeKit and I just operate the system separately  from HomeKit.  YMMV

Jim