Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't disarm VMB5000 with Alexa routine

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bitpes
Follower
Follower

I installed the Arlo Smarthub VMB5000 and configured two Essential cameras with it.
The hub and the two cameras are correctly detected in the Alexa app after installing the Arlo Italy skill.
On the hub in Alexa I have activated the 4-digit pin to disable the system.

When I tell Alexa, “Arm <hubname>," it responds that I have 60 seconds to leave the house, and after 60 seconds, I can see correctly in the Arlo app that the hub mode is “Armed.”
When I tell Alexa “Disarm <hubname>", it asks me for the 4-digit pin to disarm, then from the Arlo app I correctly see that the mode is “Disarmed”.

The problem comes when I want to activate Arm or Disarmed mode with Alexa using Routines.
I create the “Activate cameras" Alexa routine, added the hub to the routine, selecting “Arm away” mode.
I create the “Deactivate cameras" Alexa routine, added the hub to the routine  selection “Arm Stay” mode.

If I run the "camera activation" routine, after 60 seconds I correctly see in the Arlo app that the mode is “Armed”.
If I run the "deactivate cameras" routine, nothing happens.

I've deleted the routine, recreated it, deleted the Arlo skill from Alexa, added it again, deleted devices, reinstalled but disarming still doesn't work.

I hypothesized that the problem was that to deactivate the system, Alexa needed the 4-digit pin, which is not requested by Alexa anyway when the "deactivate cameras" routine is started.
So I opened the Alexa app, under Devices, and within the hub settings I deactivated the "Disableby voice” switch.
I tried to run the “Deactivate cameras" routine but from the Arlo app I see that the mode continues to be “Armed”.

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bitpes 

Thank you for the feedback. I have notified the team and I will report back with more info as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bitpes 

Are we still experiencing this issue?

Thanks