Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t connect VMB4000r3 to Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DrowyRain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to connect my vmb4000 base station to Apple HomeKit? 

I see fro other discussions that reset token solves the issue.

can I request a reset token?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

DrowyRain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

Thanks for sending the reset token, unfortunately It did nor resolve the issue.

When I go to devices base station there is no option to connect to HomeKit?

HomeKit app shows base station when I select add new device, but then asks for code or barcode scan, both of which do not exist.

Is there anything else we can try?

Kind Regards

Iain

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DrowyRain,

If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to factory reset and re-onboard your base station. Afterward, I can send another token reset and you can test  to see if that works.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

JamesC

brettmallard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I get a reset token for my vmb4000 so that I can set it up on my Apple HomeKit. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brettmallard,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

MooWoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a reset token too?  Can’t connect HomeKit.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MooWoo,

JamesC