Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t add to homekit

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sldsnk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo Ultra cameras, both in HomeKit and worked fine for years. Today they disappeared from HomeKit. I tried adding them back using the Arlo app, when I click set up HomeKit the app starts scanning for cameras and never finds anything. I tried logging out of iCloud, Arlo and restarted everything and still unable to add them. My Arlo hub and cameras are running the latest software. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sldsnk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding them to HomeKit this morning and it worked. No need for a token reset.

Khaled

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sldsnk wrote:

Any ideas?

Sounds like you need a token reset.

sldsnk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the help, can you reset my token?

thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sldsnk wrote:

can you reset my token?

No, only Arlo can do that (and I don't work for them).  The mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) can do it for you - though it likely will take longer than usual for them to get to it, since it is a holiday weekend in the US.

sldsnk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding them to HomeKit this morning and it worked. No need for a token reset.

Khaled

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar issue...was working fine in HomeKit. I changed wireless and added a new Eero 6E and Arlo was not responding. I removed Arlo from HomeKit, and now when I try and add the basestation back it stays on the "Discovering your device" mode and never connects.

sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please have a token reset? I can’t add my SmartHub to HomeKit, it just hangs there spinning, or I get the “Unable to add accessory” if I try to add via Home app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reset token didn't work.  I followed your instructions on removing power, rebooting, and then trying to add the base station.  The screen never changes after it starts searching for the base station.  Please advise.  Thanks.

ridgwayk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also opened a ticket with additional steps taken if that helps?

sferros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC, all good now, I can now add my SmartHub to HomeKit.