Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can not record with HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HapaandHaole
Follower
Follower

I purchased four Arlo Pro 4 cameras with a pro SmartHub recently with the intent of connecting them to Apple HomeKit. After getting everything set up I learned that Arlo is not fully integrated with HomeKit as it does not allow you to record video via Apple's services (Apple HomeKit Secure Video). Arlo proudly displays what they call "HomeKit compatibility" but does not acknowledge that you still have to pay them monthly fees for their services to record video. Arlo should be more forthcoming and honest about their integration. They do not plan on building this integration either. They claim, as seen in the Arlo community pages, that this is because they only trust their own secure servers, but this is a blatant avoidance of the truth that they want you to pay them monthly subscription fees. As I am sure is true for many people, this makes HomeKit utterly useless to me. I do not care about watching a live feed, the only purpose of these cameras is to be able to record video for security purposes. Looks like I will be returning my Arlo system. I know I am not presenting any questions here, just posting so this ends up a searchable WARNING: If you want a system that integrates with Apple HomeKit, and plan on recording video, do not purchase an Arlo product.

2 REPLIES 2
JR2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just discovered the same issue with the Ultra 2.

Extremely disappointed and annoyed having just bought 3 cameras. Definitely considering returning them.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That has never been a feature offered. Here is the features of Homekit that are offered with Arlo.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062509/What-are-the-benefits-of-connecting-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit