Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo connects for 30 sec then stops working in Homekit - after matter update

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 base stations 1 has all Pro 4 cameras the other has a mix. The one with all pro 4 cameras (vmbn5000r5) works the other (VMB4540R2) connects for 30 sec's and stops. If I unplug it, then plug it back in, it works again for 30 sec's then stops. All worked before Apple did the Homekit Matter update, so why is this happening. 

FYI all work in the Arlo app no problem, all have the latest firmware as does my phone.  Again the Matter update appears to have messed up a lot of stuff - how do i fix this? FYI I have tried all std. stuff, removed and added back to Homekit recycled, power, even reset and added all my cameras back to the base station then to Homekit, same results. 

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JAAS 

If I am reading this correctly, the VMB5000 has no issue via Homekit and live streaming? 

The VMB4540 let's you live stream cameras for 30 seconds before they stop?

Is this correct? 

JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

To be exact the 5000 works in HomeKit and shows live streaming on all cameras, the other 4540 all show not responding yet all work in the Arlo app and all worked prior to the Matter update from Apple.

All have latest updates, base and cameras

VMB5000 Series has 3 Arlo Pro 4 cameras – no issues

VMB4540 Series has 4 Pro (originals)  , 2 Pro 2 and 1 Pro 4 on it none work

It is like HomeKit only recognizes 1 base station now?

Thanks?

Jeff

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the clarification. Do you also have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app 4.6.1?

JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

This version of software is not on apple yet as i try to do update daily so all latest is on my phone. My system says I have 4.5(6272)  there is no 4.6 available.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JAAS Can you remove and reinstall the app to force the update through the App Store. 

JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found it in the developer section and loaded it - however Arlo app always worked well with both base stations. The 4540 bridge says not responding in Homekit but the 5000 does work.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

And the issue still remains with the latest version?

JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

No change...  unless the updated Arlo app updates Homekit I would not expect a change.

Old Arlo ver and the new both are working perfectly - when the 500 shows in home kit as does the 4540 but 4540 says not responding..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for that, I have notified the team and I will provide more updates as soon as possible. 

JAAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Team, this is not getting to be too much and my home security is at risk. I need an answer or I will have to look into switching to Ring or Eufy as they are not having these issues. (my daughter is getting bullied and I need these working)

Why is one base working and the other does not, very odd. As I said the second base works for 3 to 5 min then goes to not responding... I have done everything requested and still it is not working, this includes a complete factory reset. The only reason i bought these was for the Homekit integration. Please help!