Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo & Yale Smart Hubs Problem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Laurianlee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Yale smart hub (sync) that is the centre of my yale alarm system. All works well and I can arm and disarm via voice using Alexa. I initiated the Arlo smart skill to arm and disarm my five ultra 2 cameras via the Arlo smart hub. Essentially it worked but the response from Alexa says “cameras will be armed in 60 seconds in away mode”. This sounds like a Yale response though the cameras do arm. However, when I ask Alexa to arm the alarm system (Yale) I get a response telling me that I have two devices called ‘Alarm’, and this only happens if the Arlo skill is enabled. If I disable the Arlo skill the Yale alarm works okay. So, does anyone know why when asking Alexa to arm the Arlo smarthub it picks up the Yale smarthub as a response or why Alexa is saying I have two devices called ‘alarm’. The cameras clearly have no name called alarm or anything similar? Thanks for any help from the community, this is a mystery to me.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Laurianlee,

Are you able to name the devices something specific and then command alexa to "arm" the specific named devices? Does this result in different behavior?

JamesC

Laurianlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James: Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. As to your advice, yes, I have renamed the devices to completely different identities (Disney Characters!!) but unfortunately as soon as I enable the Arlo app and then try to arm the Yale alarm I get told by Alexa that there are two devices with the name 'Alarm'. I am normally very good at sorting this, but on this occasion I am stumped. I cannot work out what it is in the Arlo app that is causing the 'alarm' name conflict when the Arlo app is enabled. Very curious. Thanks again for your response.