Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recent Firmware upgrade to Ultra SmartHub VMB5000   caused HomeKit video integration failure.  Has anyone had a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

My firmware appears to have been updated (version 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3) and now I can view my Arlo devices by Apple HomeKit.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went though the documented reset process; however, HomeKit on my hub was still present and the cameras associated to the hub are still not connecting to HomeKit.  Any ideas?  This behavior just started with the latest firmware update today/yesterday.  Version is 1.21.1.0_1429_898b168.

Beast
Tutor
Tutor

I also have this same issue - started this morning. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

JP_13
Guide
Guide

I really do hope that this firmware update fixes the corrupted SD card bug, but unfortunately it broke my HomeKit connection. I’ve reset back to factory settings and tried everything that I can think of. Can you please reset my HomeKit token?!

cb_blargh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue. 

MORGiON666
Star
Star
Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC , any update on the firmware bug fix?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of HomeKit not working with VMB5000 SmartHubs. We do not advise any troubleshooting on your part to attempt to resolve this issue at this time.

You can keep updated on this issue at status.arlo.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are continuing to work diligently toward a solution.

JamesC

cb_blargh
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC — thanks for the info!

The ticket is marked as resolved, but there are no instructions on how to implement the fix (mine is still broken). 

Do you know how we apply it?

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

My firmware appears to have been updated (version 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3) and now I can view my Arlo devices by Apple HomeKit.  Thanks.

cb_blargh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same firmware version, but the Arlo app doesn’t find any devices on the HomeKit discovery page. It just spins. 

I’m wondering if I need to reset the base station to fix it. 

Chuck-cheese_08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Tried turning off and unplugging power for a few minutes and letting it re-boot. No luck either.

cb_blargh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I performed a hard reset, re-added my cameras, and was then able to re-add it using the Apple Home app.