Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro and IFTT (Trigger seperate cameras)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TommyGlad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I have the Arlo Pro wireless with 4 cameras.  I'm looking to integrate Arlo Pro further into my existing home automation but am struggling to figure out what to do.

First I'll say that I also have Wink and was disappointed to learn that although many models of Arlo now integrate with Wink, for some reason Arlo Pro does NOT.  Doesn't make much sense to me but I'm hopeful that it comes soon....!

What I am looking to accomplish is to disable/enable specific cameras, not the entire Arlo system, via IFTTT.  The reason for this is because I have an internal camera that I do not want to run while I am home but I do want to run when I am away.  I have figured out how to disable/enable the entire system but I do not want to ever disable the exterior cameras. 

Is it possible to control seperate cameras in this regard?  My next steps are to integrate Wink/IFTTT with my security system and have that internal camera on just when security system is armed stay or away....but that said, I would still need to be able to control each camera by itself...

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TommyGlad,

It sounds like you may want to use a combination of custom modes with the Geofencing feature. This would allow you to set up custom modes to enable/disable based on your location (home or away). Consider taking a look at the Geofencing feature to see if it fits your needs.

For more information on Geofencing, see here: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC

theojcbrown
Initiate
Initiate

@JamesC

Any chance the additional Custom Modes will make it into your API for IFTTT and Stringify? 

As much as I would like to use the Geofencing feature in the Arlo app, because several services or apps on my device use Geofencing and therefore they dont always play nice together (and all work at the same time) it would be great to have a seperate service (IFTTT or Stringify) that can manage a singe geofence multiple services and also switch between the Custom Modes in Arlo.