Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001 HomeKit Refresh

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m experiencing a HomeKit refresh issue on AVD1001 with the OS 16.5-.6 series. The doorbell does not refresh automatically like the cameras. Any observed this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, glad to hear it is working. I will check in to see if there was an update released. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've rebooted the hub and VDB.  This appears to have stopped working around iOS/iPAD os 16.5.1.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you click the "Security" tab does it initiate a refresh when you go back to the "Home" > Cameras view?

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, it does not.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, and just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, when you open the HomeKit app on the Home/Home Tab page with Home/Automation/Discover at the bottom, the Cameras section does not update the thumbnails and show the live stream snapshots with the seconds updating 1, 2, 3 etc..? 

When you go in to the Security tab under the cameras list, do the cameras auto live stream with the seconds accumulating? 

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Non-VDB cameras work correctly (e.g. refresh every 10-15 seconds).  Recently, my VDB never refreshes automatically only on-demand.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, thanks. I will look in to this and provide more feedback as soon as possible. 

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any update on this topic?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'm waiting for feedback from the team. I'll be sure to update you as soon as I have more info. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Isacksenfamily Are you able to send me a screen recording of the doorbell not refreshing?

You can send it to askarlo@arlo.com Subject Shayne/12007550

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

sent 16-aug, update?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I provided this to the team, They started investigating last week. I'll update you when I receive more info.  

Thanks 

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can you re-engage engineering support.  I received a message on 23-Aug; however, no more since.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is still currently investigating this. 

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Issue appears resolved. VDB refreshes on HomeKit. Was a patch deployed?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, glad to hear it is working. I will check in to see if there was an update released. 

Isacksenfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice

Perfect, thanks. Assuming yes.