Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jw5745
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo set up on a PC--I like it. But--can someone please explain to me, in non-techie terms to the extent possible, what exactly is a push notification?

I don't need to know how to enable or disable it, just want to know what it is, and what is used for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Push notifications let your application notify a user of new messages or events even when the user is not actively using your application. On Android devices, when a device receives a push notification, your application's icon and a message appear in the status bar.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Push notifications let your application notify a user of new messages or events even when the user is not actively using your application. On Android devices, when a device receives a push notification, your application's icon and a message appear in the status bar.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, it's only for mobile devices that use the app.  Won't work for a computer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote:

In addition, it's only for mobile devices that use the app.  Won't work for a computer.

Just read that MS is going to support Android app notifications on W10 and even allow you to answer/act on those notifications. Said to be availbel in an update, perhaps this summer.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation