Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some Questions for Local Storage Users on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
johnny5lives
Tutor
Tutor

For local storage users on the Arlo Pro:

• Do you see a need to pay for a subscription when you storing your videos locally? 
  • Has the 7-day free cloud storage been sufficient for your needs (in case something happened to your local storage)?
  • Are you using a USB drive or external hard drive?
  • What is your recommendation on storage size? 
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) No, On the PRO base, the videos go to the cloud and the local usb drive at the same time ( if prev set up )

2) The 7 days storage is rolling 7 days, On day #8, Day #1 is auto deleted ...there is no storage limit at this time and hasn't been for over a year.

You MUST download any thing you think important. As to the local usb drive a 32gb spped stick should be more than good for over 30 days as a 10 second video is aprox 1 MB

BTW, if going on vacation, you can always upgrade to a longer time/service level on a per month basis

3) You can use either, I use a 32 GB speed stick, cost me about $20 a while back...you can use an HD in the USB up to 2 TB in size...just that some external HDs require external power due to the limits on the usb output

4) low end about 5Gb, high end about 64GB... anything else is prob wasted... but use what ever you have as you have options to how it fills up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
philipchua
Star
Star

does the base have enough power to accomdodate wifi usb storage?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define WiFi USB storage.  I suspect but don't know for sure that the USB ports are .5A.

philipchua
Star
Star

to be specific - sandisk wireless stick.

my base is located at not so easily accessible area

i want to be able to view the usb local storage without having to go through the hassle

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation