Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting Rules and Schedules

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SFP203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe I am being ignorant but how do I set up specific schedules for motion sensors to work....so for example, I want Camera 1 to record form 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SFP203 wrote:

Maybe I am being ignorant but how do I set up specific schedules for motion sensors to work....so for example, I want Camera 1 to record form 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.

Each OS is a bit different... PC mode

First you must make sure the MODE for camera 1 is functional normally ( if more than 1 camera, you must make a new mode just for #1 )

go to MODE

toggle on SCHEDULE

DRAG DROP the MODE CAM 1 to the day you want.

Drag the bottom bar to finish/end time and top bar to start time

(DRAG DROP the MODE ALL OFF to the top part of MODE CAM 1 on the column to get a top drag bar ( IF NEEDED ))

When all looks good, hit SAVE ( upper right )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not ignorant but you hafta get into the mindset.

Go to Settings, Rules and define sensitivity, duration and whether to send email and to what addresses.  Be sure to save.  Now go to Settings, Modes and assign rules to various new modes to mix and match cameras.  You may need one camera on at certain times but not others - here's where you do that.  Once the modes are configured, go to Mode (not Settings, Modes) and enable the schedule.  You can now add the various modes into the schedule and adjust their start and stop times.  How you do this varies according to whether you're using a browser or app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SFP203 wrote:

Each OS is a bit different... PC mode

First you must make sure the MODE for camera 1 is functional normally ( if more than 1 camera, you must make a new mode just for #1 )

go to MODE

toggle on SCHEDULE

DRAG DROP the MODE CAM 1 to the day you want.

Drag the bottom bar to finish/end time and top bar to start time

(DRAG DROP the MODE ALL OFF to the top part of MODE CAM 1 on the column to get a top drag bar ( IF NEEDED ))

When all looks good, hit SAVE ( upper right )

Morse is faster than texting!
SFP203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks.....really apprecviate all the help I have received.....

SFP203
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many, many thanks.....all set....mch appreciated.

rpayseur
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. If you set an 12AM to 12AM everything is fine but when your want like in my case 8PM to 0600 AM the save button goes away

and there is no option left. Basically I can't set an overnight schedule

Any ideas or suggestions are helpful!!!thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been asked and answered many times in these forums. Basically, look at the schedule - note that it starts and ends at midnight. So, add a mode from midnight to some time. Add another as you desire but any that are going through the night stop at midnight. Thus, one timeframe is from midnight to 0600 while the same mode would start at 8 PM and end at midnight.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation