Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection disables when guest is watching live view

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two accounts, one set up as admin and the other as a guest account with no admin privileges. As long as the guest account is not watching a live view of a camera then the motion detection works fine and records. The recording can be seen in the library by both accounts. But if the guest account picks a camera and taps to watch a live view then the motion detection for all cameras is disabled. Nothing records.

I used the admin account on my phone app and the guest account on my iPad app. My purpose was to use the iPad guest account to watch the cameras live but quickly discovered that motion detection was disabled. As soon as I log out of the guest account then the motion detection reactivates. I've reset both the iphone and iPad to restart 2-3 times. Never had a problem with any motion detection or recording until I set up the guest account and started using it.

2 REPLIES 2
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

After testing further I need to revise the previous comment above. If you have a live feed going on a camera then motion detection and recording is disabled on that camera. I see the original logic but not the consequence. The logic being that if you're watching a live feed of a camera then why would you need detection, recording and a push notification. The consequence to that is unless you never turn away from a live feed, or leave the room then that's fine. But I'd really think that detection and recording should be ongoing and undisturbed without regard to someone viewing on that camera. Nonetheless, the consequence outweighs the logic on this one.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes if watching live that over rides the motion detect...but you can start a manual record while viewing 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation