Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

red exclamation mark in red triangle - why if cameras and base station are working?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
nortberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed batteries in cameras and after I tested it. Everything is OK (cameras working, connection is perfect, etc.). When I see the SETTINGS > DEVICES SETTINGS > MY DEVICES, next to each cameras' name there are red exclamation marks in triangles. Why? Thanks in advance! (base station firmware 1.7.3_5005, base station hardware VMB3010r2, camera hardware H7, camera firmware 1.2.2688)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adnan39872
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue. My first cam had the same Mark, but I adjusted all the settings and it went away. After setting up the second cam, I did all of the above but still cannot remove it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nortberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rebooted the base station. No changes...
adnan39872
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue. My first cam had the same Mark, but I adjusted all the settings and it went away. After setting up the second cam, I did all of the above but still cannot remove it.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

nortberg wrote:
I changed batteries in cameras and after I tested it. Everything is OK (cameras working, connection is perfect, etc.). When I see the SETTINGS > DEVICES SETTINGS > MY DEVICES, next to each cameras' name there are red exclamation marks in triangles. Why? Thanks in advance! (base station firmware 1.7.3_5005, base station hardware VMB3010r2, camera hardware H7, camera firmware 1.2.2688)

The red triangle is a note that the sw needs an update...

the newest cam sw is 1.2.4941 ( your base is on the new version )

Usually to fix this problem you click on it to allow the base to update... tho it usu doesn't happen right away ( at least I've never seen it ). The updates come in the wee hours of morning when house-keeping is done by the far end.

If it doesn't up date ove night...

Then reboot the base via the power button, and reset the cameras ( make sure the batteries are full as weak batteries will stop an update from starting ) by opening the battery door for a few seconds...and then wait again over night... it should happen

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nortberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
After camera sw updating the red triangles were lost, many thanks!!! 🙂
hbdawg
Aspirant
Aspirant

The explanation says its the sw and to click on it. What is the "sw"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
"SW" means software or, more appropriately, firmware. I'm not sure the red triangle is used anymore - an update I did last night was from a text button on the cameras in the Devices tab. I didn't look in Settings to see what the display there was.