Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
stoffelof
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting super frustrated!

Basically my two arlo wire-free cameras are useless atm.

Whenever i hit the "live" button i get this error message: "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server".

Both cameras have been working flawlessly until one month ago. 

Both cameras will record on motion and send me a notification but when i hit the "live" button, the above error message is displayed.

IOS app, Chrome, IE, Mozilla - you name it, it simply does not work.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would seem to imply an issue with either the base (what are the LEDs showing?) or your router. Who owns the router? If thenisp, they may have made a change that's blocking ports 80, 443, and/or 123 to netgear.com. You'd have to have them change the config.

stoffelof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Power, internet and camera led's are green. The router does not belong to the isp, it's my own Asus rt-ac87u.

This is more likely a server issue with Netgear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I'm not using it now, I've used an Asus Rt-N66U router with no issues. It could be a server issue hut no one else is complaining about if so it would seem to be on your side. Try powering down the modem, router and base and then turn them back on in that order.

Have you made security changes in your router config?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stoffelof,

Did rebooting your network/base station resolve the issue?

Please let us know if you are still seeing this error message.

JamesC

stoffelof
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rebooting the base station did help, but it did not resolve the issue. I still get the same error message from time to time. I suspect the latest firmware may be the root cause, but how am i to know. All i know is that when i bought the system It worked flawlessly.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stoffelof,

If you continue experiencing this issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC