Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joat
Tutor
Tutor

My problem is I lost motion detection and now suddenly not receiving email alerts.  Until today I had 3/4 cameras working perfectly.  I added the 4th camera and now lost this fucnction.  Adding the 4th camera may or may not have anything to do with it.  I've gone through the settings and reset the sensitivity and length of recording.  The settings indicate the cameras are armed but nothing happening. They are live and will record manually.  Also the red lights on the camera face are out.  Anyone have any ideas.  Thanx.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just in case you don't know....
The "new" active motion running man is now BLACK ( not green ) from the live view screen
There is a toggle in the settings to turn on/off the IR illuminators now for Arlo
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Joat
Tutor
Tutor

Where in the settings is this toggle.  I see a toggle for night vision which is on [green],  When I look at my cameras I can see the red lights on only one of the.  On the computer It appears that the running man is gray is one camera and all the rest are black.  I've been over the settings several times to adjust the sensitivity and record duration.  Other than that I'm I at a loss.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Night vision" is the toggle.  It enables/disables the IR illuminators.

The gray man indicates the camera is not enabled/armed for operation.  You can check the operation by going to the Mode tab and setting the mode to Armed.  View the running men and they should all be black.  Do the same thing for Disarmed and they should all be gray.  Sounds like either your selected mode needs work to enable the missing camera or the schedule is using the wrong mode.